Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to rollback but is this enough  (Read 2342 times)

Yabba

• Coppermine novice
Need to rollback but is this enough
« on: October 10, 2006, 02:19:39 am »

I read a post here that you can enable script time to an higher level on your self hosted IIS so you dont have to reload the page if your adding for example 100 pics. (already increased it in php.ini) but this was on the IIS settings.

When done and starting my album the php.ini file is the startpage and if i rollback to the previous settings i had, the same issue.
I am taking daily backup so i can be online in a few minutes thanks to Acronís true image.

BUT this running scheduled during the night and today i have added more than 30 albums and thats nothing i wanna do again.
My ide is to copy the coppermine folder to a different drive and use the backup option in mysql5, run back the backup image, copy the coppermine backup folder back, and use the restore from backup option in mysql.

This will take a while to perform there fore i would ask you if this is enough to backup or is it waste of time?
This is what i did:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/insider/iisi0302.mspx  = Changing the CGI Script Timeout Period
http://murraymoffatt.com/software-problem-0002.html
Thanks
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 02:28:48 am by Yabba »
We all cannot be pro on coding. (If so all professional programmers schould be unemployed)
Fortunately the rest of us are pro's on other stuff at least this applies to me

Yabba

• Coppermine novice
Re: Need to rollback but is this enough
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 07:26:26 am »

ADMIN's if you want this thread or its not enough related to Coppermine just delete it, but i thought anyway that they who has read this topic where interested of the solution.

This thread started by as a question regarding what/where/settings/files/folders you need to copy to an other disk for use to an older backup and for use to OS-backup to have your coppermine album up to date again.

This is mostly dedicated to the selfhosted users.
Im up and running again. There where the big one then it was the tiny simple solution.

The hard way was to copy the dir for your Coppermine install to an other HD
  • Then create a COMPLETEbackup (option in mysgl) of mysgl database (means, Your named catalog, Information schema, mysql
  • Then make a disaster recovery from your OS-backup and replace the coppermine folder and use mysgl to restore and point out your backup
  • Up and running again with the latest changes you did before you trashed the previous version. ETA 30 minutes

The simple way in this case was only about 5 mouse clicks away
  • Open run and put in: mmc %systemroot%\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc
  • Right click on your Server and choose backup/restore option and go back one step in the list of backup's you will be prompt to see
  • Up and running again with the latest changes you did before you trashed the previous version. ETA 2 minutes[/i]

All this problem i have had with selfhosting but solved them all with this bord as support and some knowledge it feels like im not far away from selfhosted pro  :o
We all cannot be pro on coding. (If so all professional programmers schould be unemployed)
Fortunately the rest of us are pro's on other stuff at least this applies to me
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.