Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: briarpatch Theme one issue  (Read 3717 times)

Yabba

• Coppermine novice
briarpatch Theme one issue
« on: October 07, 2006, 08:48:24 pm »

I am so close to goal now, (to go public with the album for my friends. BUT i have one issue with the theme "briarpatch"

The width briarpatch working under gives me some cosmetics problem.
  • The login prompt is defined much wider and spreads over the vorking space for briarpath
  • When browsing a full image 800x600, the image will also span over the theme

I would like to increase the table of the theme so the question is where im doing it?

Mayby hard to understand but take a look at my attachment and hopefully you will understand what i mean.
BTW i really like this theme :-)

I have done my best to look in the codebase and so on but as i have said before, "often i have to replace the file im working with to the backup one i took before editing :-(

We all cannot be pro on coding. (If so all professional programmers schould be unemployed)
Fortunately the rest of us are pro's on other stuff at least this applies to me

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Re: briarpatch Theme one issue
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 10:47:36 pm »

Not sure why your login table is spilling out but I checked it and it seems to be fine on my systems (1024x768 and 1400x1050). Did you make any changes to the style.css file?

As for the images, if the intermediate image is wider than 740px, it will spill out. You need to either resize your intermediate images (search for the forum for information on doing this and read the manual) or change the width of the main content as you mentioned. To do this you will have to increase the width of
Code: [Select]
.mainblock {
        background: #6A6A5A;
margin: 0 auto;
width: 740px;
}
and fix the background image that holds the content. Once you do this, your header will also need to be larger.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

Yabba

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 11:30:07 pm »

Hi Gizmo

I think i will go with the second solution. Already increased the 740px to 840px and resized the top image to 840x150.
And of course changed the top image in *.css to 840.

No sweat there at all but now im trying to figure out how to setup the table in the background so the middle table is 840 as well and the others left/right to * (fill out)

To answer to your question i havent changed anything in any files from the theme. I downloaded it directly from the theme package site.
The only thing i had to do was to copy (from Classic theme) the report to icon because it was outcrossed and was not present in the image dir. Works great BTW.

So my problem as an unknowledege php, css programmer im looking for the solution to expand the background. As far as i can see there is no static image for this.
We all cannot be pro on coding. (If so all professional programmers schould be unemployed)

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 11:51:26 pm »

If you're talking about the page background image (body.gif), you'll have to edit that in a graphics editor. You need to make the center section that holds the main table wider. I've attached a new body.gif that has the center section width of 840px. Copy this into the images folder and see if it works as you want.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.

Yabba

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 12:09:42 am »

Gizmo

If you dont know it your a rock. Exelent that worked fine
Im trying to stick the top image to the top of the explorer without any space now. I will most likely find the parameter for it.
If you want you can check it on  http://swampen.sytes.net

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 12:15:02 am »

Thanks but it only took a minute to do. As for the header, it looks like you're missing the top white border line. See this in the style.css
Code: [Select]
.header
{
  background: url(images/header.jpg) no-repeat center center;
  border-bottom: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
  border-top: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
  clear: both;
  text-align: center;
  width: 740px;
  height: 150px;
}

As for the little space at the top, that's suppose to be there (because I couldn't get rid of it originally  ;)).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 25 queries.