Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WMV files won't play in IE after 1.4.5 -> 1.4.9 upgrade & theme.php patch  (Read 4431 times)

robbie_e

• Coppermine newbie

I upgraded to 1.4.9 from 1.4.5 and my WMV videos do not play (flash ones do play) they appear as a black screen with the play button greyed out.
I have tried to apply the patches to the theme.php, i had to copy the one in from the samples dir previous to that.

$players['WMP'] = array('id' => 'MediaPlayer',
                                'clsid' => 'classid="clsid:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" ',
                                'codebase' => 'codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,7,1112" ',
                                'mime' => 'type="application/x-mplayer2" ',

Also i tried Firefox and the videos do play but at the resolution i uploaded them at and not the larger screen size i configured coppermine to play them. The video is played against a black background which appears to be at the enlarged resolution size i configured coppermine to play the video at.
Videos used to play fine with 1.4.5 and i am using the same computer.  ???
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 06:13:30 am by Sami »

robbie_e

• Coppermine newbie

Regarding the issue with the video in Firefox, I can't attribute that to coppermine at all since i only tried FF after reading previous posts related to videos not playing. I simply downloaded FF just to help diagnose this problem.

Just wanted to point that out before the forum police nab me for posting 2 problems in the same post  ;)

robbie_e

• Coppermine newbie

Nibbler thats the thread i based all my attempts on to fix this initially. As per my orginal post i have copied the theme.php from the samples to the classic theme. I have tried file this with and without the code changes. Am I missing something ?

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project

- Post a link to your video file under gallery
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

You require visitors to be logged in, so you should supply a non-admin test user account together with the link as well ::).

robbie_e

• Coppermine newbie

thats a good idea, here you are

user: testuser
pass: test

http://elliottsusa.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=27

rphMedia

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
  • ***muvipix.com***
    • muvipix - Music | Video | Pictures

First of all, I would recommend that you not use plain mpeg files - they're not meant for Internet deployment.  Try using wmv streams or Quicktime files.

Second, you haven't applied the changes that Nibbler's link points to.  Trust us that the changes put forth in that link  fixes this issue.  It has made many users happy over past few weeks.  Follow the instructions carefully and you'll be back in business.

robbie_e

• Coppermine newbie

I copied the theme.php from samples to the classic theme and made the modifications as that posts suggests.
What I have since found out is that if i use the classic theme the videos work and if i use any other theme then they dont.

i dont use mpeg file normally it just happens to bt the only vid file i could find to put together a test vid. All my videos are flash and wmv

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: WMV files won't play in IE after 1.4.5 -> 1.4.9 upgrade & theme.php patch
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 02:00:41 am »

Try reading this thread.  If you apply the fix to include/themes.inc.php then all of your themes will work.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=31291.0
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

robbie_e

• Coppermine newbie
Re: WMV files won't play in IE after 1.4.5 -> 1.4.9 upgrade & theme.php patch
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 05:59:33 am »

yes once i included the changes at the /inlcude dir things worked out fine. i should have read the whole thread(s)  word for word as you and others have suggested, it just took a while, be great to have an FAQ with direct instructions for recent common problems  ;) for whoever has the time  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.