Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: page for site is supposed to be www.yoursite.com/coppermine right?  (Read 2618 times)

pantiara

• Coppermine newbie

Mine doesn't show up as this. It shows up as my homepage... i type in www.pantiara.com and there's my photo album. I don't want my photo album to be my homepage. I tried editing the url in the config tab to http://www.pantiara.com/coppermine and that didn't do squat. I used fantastico to download the script to my site and I have cpanel with sql so it kind of did it for me and the installation and setup described in the documents didn't really apply to me. I checked the docs, and if there was help there it was greek to me.  :'( please don't give me bad karma I really tried!!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: page for site is supposed to be www.yoursite.com/coppermine right?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 09:42:26 am »

In the future, don't use Fantastico - it's know to be buggy and outdated. Use your FTP app to move all Coppermine files and folders into a subfolder (keeping the structure intact), or (even better) if you have just started your gallery and have little or no pics in the database yet do a fresh install (with the sources we provide and the method explained in the docs) into a sub-folder.
After moving your coppermine files and folders (option 1) all you have to do is enter coppermine's config and reflect the address change there (option "URL of your coppermine gallery folder (no 'index.php' or similar at the end)").
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.