Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some pictures don't upload  (Read 2438 times)

sk24iam

• Coppermine newbie
some pictures don't upload
« on: October 04, 2006, 05:06:06 am »

A few members upload pictures and some of them came through, and some show up as just a dot.  Also, there are some pictures that cause the error Exceeded filesize permitted by CPG. or exceed the image size by cpg.  I increased both of these settings and this problem still occurs for some people.  Here is my gallery...  www.madisonxchange.com/gallery

eruss

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: some pictures don't upload
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 06:41:20 am »

A few members upload pictures and some of them came through, and some show up as just a dot.  Also, there are some pictures that cause the error Exceeded filesize permitted by CPG. or exceed the image size by cpg.  I increased both of these settings and this problem still occurs for some people.  Here is my gallery...  www.madisonxchange.com/gallery

They are possibly trying to upload huge digital images.  Have them resize their images to something reasonable and try again.  You don't want to use up all your bandwidth allowing images that are so big.

sk24iam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 06:19:04 pm »

Not everyone on the site know how to resize images.  I adjusted the settings to allow pictures the size that they are uploading but it still doesn't work.  Is there anyway to make the gallery automatically compress and resize in order to get it in?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 07:02:23 pm »

Yes, that's what Coppermine does. But it can only do so if the upload process itself doesn't run into a time-out. There are both client-sided as well as server-sided restrictions that interact. Please read the sticky thread on this sub-board to find out more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.