Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dedicate resources to Coppermine  (Read 1902 times)

Yabba

• Coppermine novice
Dedicate resources to Coppermine
« on: October 03, 2006, 08:03:23 pm »

Respect for one question per topic so here is a new one:
Looked for a more proper board to post this in but this is what i think is the most suitable.

If you running self hosted and eg. has this server hosted for Coppermine, minor ftp's upload/download and maybe a homepage etc...... and this is your solution cause the traffic and load is not so hard and you wanna have it all in one system-server.

BUT even if the load is not so hard 15 hours per day you might wanna raise the priority for just Coppermine 24/7.
Im not so found of having a lot of third applications installed on my server if necessary.
To raise the prio for services may be ok way to handle it, but as we all know this is not "in remember mode" so after reboot the processes are back to normal (and some services are untouchable)

Bandwith limits ar not any problem, easy to set up on nic but

My questions will be.
  • which processes or other things that has to bee done are important for Coppermine to raise for higher priority on the server system. (to let coppermine work in an higher mode than other applications, like handle browsing album, thumbnails, request from users)
  • Is there a known workaround for this already? If so where can i find it, have tried to search several strings for this
  • If i need a third application running, can you please advice me to a proper one please?

Thanks in advanced
Yabba

We all cannot be pro on coding. (If so all professional programmers schould be unemployed)
Fortunately the rest of us are pro's on other stuff at least this applies to me

Nibbler

Re: Dedicate resources to Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 08:45:29 pm »

Just ensure php, mysql and your http server are up to date and running efficiently. Use the MySQL query cache. You can't really give Coppermine priority over other apps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.