Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo of the Day/Week, with Archive  (Read 113845 times)

JaymzM

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Photo of the Day/Week, with Archive
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2009, 06:18:52 am »

Hello all, new to Coppermine and I must say it's awesome, thank you to everyone's hard work, Great Job.

I have been using the latest version and it works great (as long as you read all the doc's...learned the hard way)

I've been using the latest version of potw plugin, it loaded great, installed nice and loaded the first pic great.
However on the second week I went to change the potw, following the instructions closely I received this error

While executing query "REPLACE INTO babyrae_coppermine_siteplugin_potd (`pid`,`potw`,`potw_date`) VALUES ('178','1','1247542651')" on 0

mySQL error: Field 'potd_date' doesn't have a default value

File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\babyrae\include\functions.inc.php - Line: 250 

I went into mySQL and changed babyrae_coppermine_siteplugin_potd 'potw_date' to 'As Defined' and everything started working again.

Not sure if this will help anyone else but it worked for me, keep up the good work guys.

Jaymz  ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2009, 10:10:43 am »

You shouldn't be running mysql in strict mode unless you understand what that means.
To permanently fix that in your install, assign a default value to the column the error message complains about (using phpMyAdmin or similar). To permanently fix this is the plugin package, edit schema.sql, and replace the content with
Code: [Select]
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `CPG_plugin_potd` (

`pid` INT(11) NOT NULL,

`potd` TINYINT(3) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,

`potd_date`  varchar(14) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,

`potw` TINYINT(3) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,

`potw_date`  varchar(14) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY  (`pid`)

);
This will of course only have an impact if you uninstall and re-install the plugin.

jimi007

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2009, 05:43:58 am »

i also facing problem that no thumbnail shown for both potd/potw  what should i do plz help and tell how to manually add pictures to potd/potw archive thnkx i follow all step as in readme and also add hack to function file .

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2009, 04:10:44 pm »

This is your ultimate and final warning: you have been told so often already about board rules that it hurts, e.g. in
Learn to respect board rules first.
You are banned from posting for a week. Next ban will be permanent if you don't play by the rules from now on.

tcartr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2009, 04:33:28 pm »

Please forgive me this is first post and I am very new at this, I have installed potd and I am able to select the potd and have been moving to archive as per instructions but when I try to view potd archive I receive this message

The selected album/file does not exist !  what must I do?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2009, 06:53:04 pm »

Start by reading the thread you reply to, just one posting above yours: in that posting I told another use that he needs to respect board rules. This applies to you as well. The word "board rules" in that posting are even clickable - why don't you give that a try?

tcartr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2009, 08:36:01 pm »

Start by reading the thread you reply to, just one posting above yours: in that posting I told another use that he needs to respect board rules. This applies to you as well. The word "board rules" in that posting are even clickable - why don't you give that a try?

For the love of all that is decent have some patience not eevryone is a freaking expert at this like you are and can be very nervous.
What board rules did I break in one simple post explaining exactly the problem? I am sure you have the answer. This is exactly why I dreaded creating an account to ask for a simple bit of help because I have seen how you reply to others. You lack the patience to be any sort of teacher whatsoeevr, please ban me if you like I do not need any help I will simply remove the plugin now have a nice day because I have no time for impatient people.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2009, 09:13:12 pm »

tcatr,

The problem is that every user needs to post a link to their site. It is a simple request and we have to write it so many times per day it gets very tiresome having to ask every user who does not. It does not take any high skill levels, you do not have to be an expert. It is a simple matter of reading which you obviously can do. What is just as annoying is when people don't bother reading the thread they are responding to. Why should we put in the work for a user that is too lazy to do it themselves? The most annoying thing however is when people argue when simply requested to read the board rules and post a link. It is not hard and takes less time out of your life than I have been forced to waste of mine by typing this response.

As it takes time to ban you as requested I will not this time. If you wish support in the future please be polite and do as requested. Otherwise I will have to waste more of my time banning you.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

tcartr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2010, 11:34:56 pm »

I hope you would both accept my apology, my knowledge here is zero I needed a photo gallery it was auto installed at my host by simply clicking a button so I am no genius.

The problem as I noted is the files go nowhere when I add to archive no error just simply no place I can see them.

I also have been getting this error when editing a single file

Critical error
Script called without the required parameter(s).

I had installed the plugin News Bulletin V2.0 also I removed News and tested with POTD and still had the problem, I removed POTD and left News and was able to single edit with no error.

Please let me know if there is a way that I can try to fix this or I will simply not run POTD.

http://www.teenstarsonline.com/tsoimages/index.php

Thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2010, 07:24:12 am »

We don't care for your skill level. Auto-installers go unsupported. Upgrade as we suggest in our docs.

tcartr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2010, 09:39:51 pm »

Thank you upgrade has been completed and I installed once more the POTD and now I have the thumbs in archive.

TeraS

• Coppermine newbie
  • Lost but trying really hard...
    • Succubus.net
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2010, 05:17:27 pm »

Hello!

I'm having the same issue as others with an error when editing one file when using this plug-in

The error is a blank page and the error information:

Critical error
Script called without the required parameter(s).

File: /home/.ge/ti/succubus.net/gallery/plugins/potd/codebase.php - Line: 126

I tried this fix as noted earlier in the thread:

You can try commenting out this require line in codebase.php

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Add in plugin buttons & links to appropriate pages
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function potd_filter_page($html)
{
  global $lang_editpics_php;
  //require ('plugins/potd/include/init.inc.php');

However this does not solve the issue.

I am running version 1.4.26 of Coppermine and my gallery is at:

http://www.succubus.net/gallery

Any thoughts or ideas would be welcomed!

Thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.