Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo of the Day/Week, with Archive  (Read 113865 times)

nointerest

• Translator
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Karateschule Okinawa (Bayreuth, Kulmbach, Pegnitz, Auerbach)
Re: Photo of the Day/Week, with Archive
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 04:26:49 am »

I have translated the Plug-In into German.
As this plugin requires a hack I have also translated the README-file into German. I add both files to my post.

(Improvements of the translations are always welcome. Please contact me via PN).

yeye_kiles

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2008, 05:46:30 am »

I've had POTW installed for about 6 months and it seems to have been going well.
However:
Recently the girl forgot to move the photo back to the archive. After that she wasn't able to choose another photo for the POTW. I tried disabling the plugin then enabling it again, and I was able to select an image to display for POTW. The next day she emailed me back saying she can't get such and such photo to go. I went back to her gallery and it seemed that NO photos would go up. So I tried the disabling plugin thing again. This time however, it did not correct the issue.
Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

Here is the gallery, if it helps at all:
http://gallery.mylenepelletier.com/index.php

yeye_kiles

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2008, 05:59:30 am »

Um. I guess the vital detail is that she DELETED the file which was the current POTW and that is when the shit hit the fan.

yeye_kiles

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2008, 06:10:00 am »

(okay I see now that Lontano also has the same issue. I'm sorry I am having problems navigating this forum, it's like a laberynth. The 1 2 3 4 on teh bottom left are pages in this topics, but the << Prev Next >> on the bottom right go to the next topic. I litterally only saw the first page of comments every single time I came here for support. I feel like a complete n00b but I swear I have been using the internet daily since like, 1996. Who would have guessed.... )

Pascal YAP

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Hello World :-)
    • CPG 1.5.x ExperiMental website
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2008, 01:22:02 pm »

Morming,

13h15 (french time) i'm seeing all you need !

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.12 (stable)-->
You need to upgrade your Coppermine to the latest version (with correct security)

PYAP

Halfhidden

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2008, 11:45:10 pm »

Hi I installed the plugin to my Coppermine gallery (1.4.16) and lost the site all that was visable was this message:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/picturep/public_html/include/functions.inc.php on line 2951
I replaced the function.inc.php file and got the site back.
Any ideas?
Regards,
Steff

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2008, 11:50:21 pm »

A parse error is a syntax error and means that you have made an error copying and pasting the mod as instructed. Try again.

Halfhidden

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2008, 12:17:11 am »

Yep your right. I copied an error into the code block. I have uploaded the function.inc.php file and the site is stable again. Thanks I'll be a little more careful copying code next time. I think the error occurred because I used notepad rather than phpedit. That will teach me.
Regards,
Steff

ib2loud

• I <3 CPG!
    • OKShowPics.com
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2008, 05:10:07 am »

awesome plugin! I edited it slightly to suit my needs but it works perfectly. You can see it here:
http://www.okshowpics.com/

mentalist3d

• http://concepts.org.uk
    • Concept Art
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2008, 05:10:51 pm »

Okay after messing with this thing I can probably make it easy to understand for everyone involved...

When trying to used the potd/potw edit options you go thru ablum properties, then edit files. Do not try to click on one picture then edit files because you will NOT see the potd/potw check boxes there...

If you want to see the plugin in action feel free to visit my site, you will have to register however to view the gallery..
http://www.phatjamzent.com

That was sound advice, I was doing it the other way and couldn't see the potd options so this helped ;)

Excellent mod, I was originally using "show last uploaded image.." but this adds a more dynamic feature to the site, and so far, no probs :) Cheers

http://art.concepts.org.uk

banghatta

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2008, 05:52:54 am »

I've installed this plugin potd v.1.02 beta in my photography community website www.bniper.net (I'm using CPG v.1.4.18) and it run perfectly, displaying photo of the week in the main page.

Can anyone help me how to modified the script, so Photo of the week feature can display 3 or 4 picture instead of 1 picture in original version, with reduced image thumbnail of POTW in main page (a little bit larger than thumbnail of most view or last additions).

Actually I'm not a programmer, I'm a banker :D :D so my knowledge in php program very limited. I hope the instructions will easier to understand for newbie like me.

Or can you refer to topic discussing this topic, I've spend hours searching similar topic.
Thanks for your help.

Dogbot

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2008, 11:42:14 am »

This plugin although still in beta works well, however it does cause an error. You can go to the album and edit the pics to set or archive/potd, and that works fine. But if you go to edit just the one photo maybe to add a title or description...from the intermediate display (editOnePic.php) you will get the following error. Moving the plugin up and down has no effect on this (someone mentioned it earlier in this topic).

Critical error
Script called without the required parameter(s).

File: /home/*******/public_html/Gallery/plugins/potd/codebase.php - Line: 126

From plugins/potd/codebase.php

line 125    if (defined('EDITPICS_PHP') && count($_POST)) {
line 126      if (!is_array($_POST['pid'])) cpg_die(CRITICAL_ERROR, $lang_errors['param_missing'], __FILE__, __LINE__);
line 127      $pid_array = $_POST['pid'];

From "Notices".

/plugins/potd/codebase.php

* Notice line 126: Undefined index: pid

Hope this helps to clarify what others have said, and help to solve the issue.

Dogbot

Dogbot

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2008, 03:04:53 pm »

Not a fix, more of an avoidance is to remove the buttons "Crop and Rotate - Edit file information - DELETE THIS FILE" from underneath the intermediate pic, that way users of your gallery will not be able to edit and cause the error.You can edit your files from the album edit properties.

Find in displayimage.php
Code: [Select]
  if ((USER_ADMIN_MODE && $CURRENT_ALBUM_DATA['category'] == FIRST_USER_CAT + USER_ID) || ($CONFIG['users_can_edit_pics'] && $CURRENT_PIC_DATA['owner_id'] == USER_ID && USER_ID != 0) || GALLERY_ADMIN_MODE) {
    $picmenu .= <<<EOT
     <a href="javascript:;" onclick="return MM_openBrWindow('picEditor.php?id={$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pid']}','Crop_Picture','scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,status=yes,resizable=yes')" class="admin_menu" >{$lang_display_image_php['crop_pic']}</a> <a href="editOnePic.php?id={$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pid']}&amp;what=picture"  class="admin_menu">{$lang_display_image_php['edit_pic']}</a> <a href="delete.php?id={$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pid']}&amp;what=picture"  class="admin_menu" onclick="return confirm('{$lang_display_image_php['confirm_del']}'); return false; ">{$lang_display_image_php['del_pic']}</a>
EOT;
  }

And comment it out, like this.
/*
  if ((USER_ADMIN_MODE && $CURRENT_ALBUM_DATA['category'] == FIRST_USER_CAT + USER_ID) || ($CONFIG['users_can_edit_pics'] && $CURRENT_PIC_DATA['owner_id'] == USER_ID && USER_ID != 0) || GALLERY_ADMIN_MODE) {
    $picmenu .= <<<EOT
     <a href="javascript:;" onclick="return MM_openBrWindow('picEditor.php?id={$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pid']}','Crop_Picture','scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,status=yes,resizable=yes')" class="admin_menu" >{$lang_display_image_php['crop_pic']}</a> <a href="editOnePic.php?id={$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pid']}&amp;what=picture"  class="admin_menu">{$lang_display_image_php['edit_pic']}</a> <a href="delete.php?id={$CURRENT_PIC_DATA['pid']}&amp;what=picture"  class="admin_menu" onclick="return confirm('{$lang_display_image_php['confirm_del']}'); return false; ">{$lang_display_image_php['del_pic']}</a>
EOT;
  }
*/

If this is wrong to do then someone more knowledgable will come along and say so, but it seems to work okay for me.

Dogbot

Brane29

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2008, 03:06:05 pm »

Is there a way tu extract POTD with cpmfetch? i would like to put thumbnail on my news portal home page. I'm using joomla 1.0.5, coppermine latest version and cpmfetch 2.0.
thank you

dsimey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2008, 05:16:47 pm »

I've had to uninstall POTD, which is shame as it's a really useful capability.
CPG 1.4.19 - POTD 1.02beta

Firstly - the HTML needs a lot more class attributes so it can be targeted using CSS. I was planning to rewrite the HTML if I stuck with POTD; especially the FRAME include which I needed to work on a dark background.

Secondly, and the killer.
I got blank pages when logging in and saving config changes. This made the site almost unusable.
Reading around, I found this http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,37881.0.html
So I'm not alone!

sard

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2009, 09:32:45 am »

I have the same problem like dogbot. This plugin has some collision with editing single file (editOnePic.php). Is really nice plugin, I hope someone with bigger php knowledge will fix it.  ::)
Thanx

claude258

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Album photos Brière
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2009, 04:37:07 pm »

Is it possible to get the thumb image instead of the normal image as potd/w then to click on the thumb and get the normal image?
Thanks

lipa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2009, 09:16:12 pm »

I already serched the board for this problem, I found a few people who asked about it but I did not see anyone giving the answer (mayve no one know yet?) so, sorry if it was already asnwered

I installed this plugin and it worked perfectly (I couln't use the iframe in exterior pages but that's okay because I didn't need it anyway) - but me and my visitors got blank pages making the login and trying to open the "upload image" page. I couldn't save settings of the config page without going back and refresh the page, I woulnd't mind either if it was not the upload/login problem.

Has someone figured what can we change so this doesn't happen anymore? I had to desinstall the plugin :/

Thanks!

Nibbler

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2009, 09:54:37 pm »

You can try commenting out this require line in codebase.php

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Add in plugin buttons & links to appropriate pages
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function potd_filter_page($html)
{
  global $lang_editpics_php;
  //require ('plugins/potd/include/init.inc.php');

lipa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2009, 10:23:50 pm »

Thanks for the quick answer :)

It's working fine now! Thank You.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.