Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restricting uploads to galleries & linking to home page  (Read 2518 times)

Janelle

• Coppermine newbie
Restricting uploads to galleries & linking to home page
« on: October 03, 2006, 02:55:04 am »

Hi was reading manual on users and groups have an administrator group and restricted area for administrators, have the banned group, guest and registered users. However I have a gallery for contestants. They have to pay a $1.00 to enter photo in contest. I want them to be registered users and have access to the friends gallery but not the contest gallery until after they pay. How can I apply restrictions in groups or users. When web site comes up, home page comes up. How do I add a link on home page to photo gallery. I know in publisher 2003 you hyperlink to another website or program on server. But I don't know what to put in the link part. Is there command that starts coppermine. The only way I know how to get into coppermine right now is from server. Thanks in advance. J.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 07:08:13 am by Sami »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Restricting uploads to galleries & linking to home page
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 03:44:29 am »

I want them to be registered users and have access to the friends gallery but not the contest gallery until after they pay. How can I apply restrictions in groups or users.
You're free to create whatever custom group you want. After people pay the fee, you manually add them to the custom group. Set permissions for whatever contestants are suppossed to do exclusively. This question should have gone into the permissions sub-board. Side-note: I strongly doubt that people will be ready to pay anything to join a competition on a page that has just been started.

How do I add a link on home page to photo gallery.
I can't tell you how to create a link within your non-coppermine-driven page to your coppermine-driven gallery, but usually you use the method you're familiar with - regular HTML skills needed. You're requesting support for third-party stuff, which is not supported. Target audience for Coppermine are webmaster who have at least basic HTML skills. Your question should have gone into the themes sub-board.

We have a strict "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up. Do so in the future. It's helpful in most cases if you illustrate your question with real-life examples, i.e. links.

Janelle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 04:13:45 am »

Side note - back sorry about the posting thing and third party thing didn't think. The prize of the contest is a featured part for a girl in an upcoming Halloween Rock Video to filmed at location at Chicago Recording Studio. I think people will be interested.

Janelle

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 07:54:02 am »

Hi thanks for the info I found out what I was doing wrong. I knew how to make the link I just didn't know what coppermine file to link it to. It was the login.php file. I went and opened every file until the right screen came up. Got it solved.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 11:18:23 am »

I suggest linking just the folder your coppermine gallery resides in (or if you have indexes turned on, send them to index.php). If you require your users to log in (using the corresponding config option), they will be redirected to the login screen anyway. However, if they are already logged in, it's stupid to send them to the login screen once more, because all they will see is an error message that tells them they are logged in already.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.