Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mod: User Categories  (Read 65145 times)

colin911

• Coppermine novice
Re: Mod: User Categories
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2007, 11:18:35 pm »

I tried copying the changes to the files again as per nibbler's long instructions (thanks again by the way).

Unfortunately i kept geting the same errors so there must be a mistake in the "replace" part for albmgr.php, catmgr.php and modifyalb.php.

Unfortunately i'm not knowledgeable enough to figure out the problem.

But I did get it to work by using the above mentioned files from Littele_rU's patched files and it seems to be working ok.  the only thing is that Stramm's modpack had modified modifyalb.php so I;m guessing I will eventually encounter an error there.  Don't knwo what he modified in his file from the original.

Anyway, one last question:  Is there any hope that furture parts to this code may enable multiple users to be assigned to the same exact category (instead of using the nested option described in the first post of this thread)?

colin911

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2007, 11:20:30 pm »

To use the correct terms to the last question above:  Can more thna one user "own" a category?

colin911

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2007, 12:15:45 am »

OK, now I'm sure you're tired of me.

Is there a way that this could work with JUpload?

I've attached the php file.  I'm imagining that it just needs a little extra code to allow for the selection of Categories but don;t know how difficult this would be.

Anyway, nothing critical, but just thought I would ask.  thanks for all the help so far.

tutone

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2007, 05:31:24 pm »

Nibbler,

I realize that this isn't your mod... but I ask hoping that you can help.... my coppermine is bridged with mambo... when i go into categories and then "category owner".. i am only able to see the user accounts that were set up in coppermine prior to the bridge. Any idea on how i can see the usernames of the bridged mambo accounts?  Thanks in advance.

kroni

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2007, 11:29:21 pm »

OK, now I'm sure you're tired of me.

Is there a way that this could work with JUpload?

I've attached the php file.  I'm imagining that it just needs a little extra code to allow for the selection of Categories but don;t know how difficult this would be.

Anyway, nothing critical, but just thought I would ask.  thanks for all the help so far.
yes, it would be great if someone could combine these 2 mods!
i'd like to use it this way: give users or groups the ownership of categories. the owners can create/delete/.. albums in the category AND only the owner will be able to use/see the JUpload link in the  {SUB_MENU} (not {SYS_MENU} !) and do the uploads in the allowed categories/albums

anyone who can do this? :)   would be great!

Gamorreaner

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2007, 11:33:33 am »

Hello.

I tried the Mod allready on my Apache and it works really great. But i have the same problem as tutone while using it on my website with a bridge.
I use Woltlab Burningboard 2.3.6 (WBB) and i have no idea how i could change the path from the cpg users to the Wbb users without an error  :'(. I tried to change this Code
Code: [Select]
$result = cpg_db_query("SELECT user_name, user_id FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_USERS']} ORDER BY user_name");
    $rowset = cpg_db_fetch_rowset($result);

many many... times but it allways shows me error while finding the path. Can someone say me what i have to change if my users are on my MySQL in bb1_users and not in cpg1410_users?
If you need more information say it please.

Thanks vortac for the Mod and thanks Little_rU for the patched cpg!

SoudageAuto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2007, 11:02:26 am »

Hi All,

I just install the patched cpg version over the standard one.
In admin mode, I can add owner to categories, but after that. I don't see any change on the user side.
I reset the theme in order to use the standard one, but no change.

Two remarks regarding this mod.
   - We could add a group instead of an user as Owner  (in a professionnal use, more than one people should be able to do the same task)
   - A config panel to mass-modify existing categories (We have more than 130 categories)

Many thanks for this mod!

vortac

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2007, 07:49:33 pm »

IIRC, to get the user side menu you need to set $template_user_admin_menu in your theme to:

<td class="admin_menu"><a href="catmgr.php" title="Create, manage, and delete categories">My categories</a></td>

see the end of the first post in the thread.

- Yes, groups would be nice but I think it looked like that might require significant additional effort.
- Mass modification interface would be nice too.

This thing basically started as a solution to a problem I had, so I didn't really do it to solve any additional problems.  This is why there is no bridging support, group perms, etc.  My understanding is that coppermine NG will have a full permissions system.  It seems like there are a lot of people who want various aspects of a full permissions system now though, so maybe I could be convinced to do it on some sort of consulting basis.  PM if you're interested, otherwise it may be a while, as my schedule is currently pretty packed with other volunteer work.

- Eric

PS Nibbler, thanks for translating the patch file into the thread, that looked like a herculean effort.

Hi All,

I just install the patched cpg version over the standard one.
In admin mode, I can add owner to categories, but after that. I don't see any change on the user side.
I reset the theme in order to use the standard one, but no change.

Two remarks regarding this mod.
   - We could add a group instead of an user as Owner  (in a professionnal use, more than one people should be able to do the same task)
   - A config panel to mass-modify existing categories (We have more than 130 categories)

Many thanks for this mod!

ch0de

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2007, 12:26:19 am »

Ok. So let me get this straight. This Mod will allow me to set permission on categories...  so i can block Anonyms users from viewing my Family Albums.. and still give them access to the public albums..

I know i can set user access on each albums. But I would rather Set it at the top level categories..

Now.. I am running .10  and all hunks failed.. have there been any updates to allow this to work in .10? or   is there another way to set user access on categories without having to manually change 100's of albums to keep eyes of my family photos but still let them see my public ones.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2007, 07:54:45 pm »

Ok. So let me get this straight. This Mod will allow me to set permission on categories
Nope, that's wrong. This mod deals with the user gallery, which is a special category. This mod does not deal with setting permissions on any category.

I know i can set user access on each albums. But I would rather Set it at the top level categories..
Which is impossible.

Now.. I am running .10  and all hunks failed.. have there been any updates to allow this to work in .10?
This mod should work with all coppermine versions of the cpg1.4.x series. However, as you have the wrong impression what this mod actually does, it appears as if it isn't working at all.

It's not a bright idea to run cpg1.4.10 - always use the most recent stable release - currently cpg1.4.14. Upgrading is mandatory no matter what.

Yadutaf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2008, 07:11:38 am »

Merci ! Je vais essayer de regarder ça.
[edit by François Keller]this post should be an answer to a previous post from Yadutaf in the french board...[/edit]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 09:53:50 am by François Keller »

kota069

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2008, 04:36:57 am »

Installation:

Download and unzip the patch into your toplevel cpg directory (e.g. cpg149), and run this command: "patch -p1 < patch-cpg149-usrcat".  No database modifications are required as this patch uses the existing and seemingly unused "owner_id" field in the categories table.  Log on as administrator and add some new categories owned by users.  To get a "My Categories" menu item for users, add the following line to $template_user_admin_menu in your theme:

I hate to seem ignorant here - though I guess I am in this case - but...
WHERE/HOW do I "Run this command"?

I'm using cpg1.4.16 (I'm assuming the patch will work with this?)
I'm on the server with cPanel - I swear I don't know how to "Run the command" (and it's gastly long to modify manually)

Could somebody school me here?

kota069

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2008, 02:49:17 am »

... guess nobody ever reads this forum any more.

Nibbler

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2008, 02:55:48 am »

Plenty of people do, it's just that explaining how to use 'patch' to someone who knows only cPanel is not an easy task.

Best idea I think is to look for a windows equivalent to patch, download Coppermine from your site and apply the patch on your PC, then upload your patched version.

What you probably need to do is first install a windows patch utility, such as http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm.  Then, download and unzip cpg149.  Next, download and unzip the patches into this cpg149 directory.  In the cpg149 directory, issue the patch commands exactly as stated in the previous posts, and in that order.  Finally, upload the patched cpg149 tree to your server.

I once wrote a script to convert a diff to 'find x change to y' format but I don't know where it is unfortunately.

kota069

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2008, 04:16:20 am »

Plenty of people do, it's just that explaining how to use 'patch' to someone who knows only cPanel is not an easy task.

Best idea I think is to look for a windows equivalent to patch, download Coppermine from your site and apply the patch on your PC, then upload your patched version.

I once wrote a script to convert a diff to 'find x change to y' format but I don't know where it is unfortunately.
I appreciate you eventual response.....
but how difficult can it be?
cPanel is the most commonly used server interface......
Is there a command line somewhere that I don't know about?

I mean....
If you can spell it out for me in a paragraph or so - then try me - I'm not totally illiterate.

But if it REALLY is that complex I guess I'll accept that and say 'thank you' anyway.

Nibbler

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2008, 05:06:02 am »

Easier to just do it myself. See attached zip file.

Created by downloading Coppermine 1.4.9, applying the first patch then the second patch and merging with 1.4.16.

kota069

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2008, 05:31:53 am »

Created by downloading Coppermine 1.4.9, applying the first patch then the second patch and merging with 1.4.16.
Well............

Thank you.

potayo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2008, 11:34:25 am »

Great mod 1.4.16 and with the probe goes well but I like that instead of letting a user to upload photos to the categories outside a group of users who need to make changes to make the menu of categories rather than users groups would be easier

potayo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2008, 11:40:55 am »

thanks but could do so let me put a group of users rather than one as owner
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.