Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XP Publisher and IE 7  (Read 3800 times)

4Runner

• Coppermine newbie
XP Publisher and IE 7
« on: October 01, 2006, 08:51:06 pm »

I recently upgraded to IE 7 and then my XP Publisher wouldn't not work.  Very weird.  With IE7 installed, everything works fine until I try to upload photos via XP Publish.  I can login and create an album via XP Pub but as soon as I go to upload images, it basically errors out and tells me is cannot connect.  This is true too as I cannot even surf the web after a failed upload.  I have to reboot my router to gain connectivity.  Anyway, I have restored by system back to IE 6 and all is well.  Any one else experience this?

I'm at XP SP2 and Coppermine 1.4.9.

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: XP Publisher and IE 7
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 09:17:42 pm »

Coppermine and XP Publisher have not been tested with IE7. Using beta software (and IE7 is) can result in "strange" behaviour. Afaik IE7 "hardens" some security issues that existed in IE6, so I suggest reviewing the security/privacy settings in IE7.

4Runner

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 10:40:56 pm »

I guess I'm a tester then.  It doesn't work.  ;D  Anyway, the only thing I tried was to disable the "phishing" functionality in IE 7.  For now, I'm back on IE 6.  Thanks for the reply!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 10:45:53 pm »

IE7 may (or may not) come with stricter privacy options than IE6, so even if you haven't changed IE7 options, you may have issues related to this. Just guessing though, as I haven't tested IE7 yet.

4Runner

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 02:04:33 pm »

That may be worth the effort.  I could install IE7 and then back down the security settings.  If it works, I could add security incrementally until it breaks again.  I will give it a try tonight and report back

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 03:17:46 pm »

The privacy/security options in IE are zone-based (in IE5.x and up), which means that you don't have to decrease the overall security/privacy level for all pages. Just add your page to the list of trusted sites and then increase the privacy threashold for the trusted sites only. When testing beta software, you should make yourself familiar with the technology it offers. Microsoft's zone modell is well-documented, I recommend reading it if you prefer to stick to M$-browsers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.