Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to connect to database  (Read 2738 times)

Photillium_g@dmin

• Coppermine newbie
  • A picture is worth a thousand words.
    • Photillium Multimedia Gallery
Unable to connect to database
« on: October 01, 2006, 03:23:51 am »

I just recieved this error when I changed my password on my phpBB message board. I can access the forum
but this is what I get when I try to load my gallery.

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user 'pauljc_gadmin'@'web3.avidhosting.com' (using password: YES)

I was able to access my database with the same account, but now the gallery won;'t load. not even using a different browser.
I tried changing the password from within the database but no luck. Then I changed the FUNCTION to CHAR, emptied out the user_password      varchar(40) field. Then the gallery loaded. I tried to login (w/o a passowrd) and got this

You are currently banned from using this site.

So I go back to the database, delete the user_banned entry and I can access it again.
But I still can't gain access ti my Admin account no matter what i do with the password field within the database.
I chose a secondary accoiunt and made it apart of the Admin Group to change the original admin password.
What is going on?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 07:59:36 pm by GauGau »
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Photillium_g@dmin

• Coppermine newbie
  • A picture is worth a thousand words.
    • Photillium Multimedia Gallery
Re: Unable to connect to database
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 03:33:32 am »

This issue has been resolved. I usedmy secondary Admin acciunt ro reset the 1st admins pw.
But it still doesn't explain the database error.  ??? ??? ???
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.