Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions on file upload, search and stripped layout  (Read 2095 times)

Stephano87

• Coppermine newbie
Questions on file upload, search and stripped layout
« on: September 29, 2006, 03:23:56 pm »

I am interested in using coppermine for a stockphoto site. After doing some research I'm still left with a few questions:

• We have a very large database of images, and want to upload by batch. Is this possible in a fast way and so that the filename becomes the title of the image? Or if this is not possible, can I just make the filename "act" as a title in how and where it is shown?
  • I couldn't find a option on searching on filename by default in the admin pannel. Is both disabling others and auto-enabling that option easily changed? (am not a programmer)
  • I have no need for a lot of options offered by coppermine (user upload/registration, ratings, comments). Is it easy to strip this from a layout or is there a template available that is fully stripped by default?

These functions would be essential for cpg to work for us. Another optional thing is, can we integrate a video portfolio too. Is this possible with flash video's (flv). Batch upload is not an issue here.

Thanks a lot for your time,

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Questions on file upload, search and stripped layout
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 03:42:44 pm »

We have one issue per thread policy next time respact the rules plaese

• We have a very large database of images, and want to upload by batch. Is this possible in a fast way and so that the filename becomes the title of the image? Or if this is not possible, can I just make the filename "act" as a title in how and where it is shown?

fastes way is batch add and there is an option on config to show filename below the thumbnails

• I couldn't find a option on searching on filename by default in the admin pannel. Is both disabling others and auto-enabling that option easily changed? (am not a programmer)

You can find it on searching page ,there is a check box for searching with filename, and you can easily remove others by modifing your theme

• I have no need for a lot of options offered by coppermine (user upload/registration, ratings, comments). Is it easy to strip this from a layout or is there a template available that is fully stripped by default?

Most of them are config option and you can disable them and there is a plugin to remove button from menu also you can modify your theme easily to remove any item you want

These functions would be essential for cpg to work for us. Another optional thing is, can we integrate a video portfolio too. Is this possible with flash video's (flv). Batch upload is not an issue here.
more detail please
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.