Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine 3D  (Read 3768 times)

yottzumm

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine 3D
« on: September 25, 2006, 07:20:30 am »

I am thinking about a project where the contents of a coppermine album would be available to a 3D rendering program.  The user could
browse to a album on the web, and then select "View in 3D."  The album would be loaded into a program on the user's desktop
(perhaps an X3D browser)  and the user could "walk" through the album looking at the pictures hanging on "walls."   There are
a few requirements I can think of:

1.  Storage of the 3D coordinates, orientation and extent of the picture.
2.  A way to report to the web in text or XML form the URLs to pictures in an album, possibly ombined with 3D coordinates, orientation and extent.
3.  An easy way for the user to update 3D coordinates, orientation and extent, possibly through dragging the picture in 3D.
4.  Chooseable 3D Frames for pictures
5.  Captions in 3D

Anyway, there are a lot of requirements that could be added.  Is someone interested/skilled in these areas?  It doesn't have
to be a single person.  I guess I am most interested in the "View in 3D" and #2 for starters.  The view in 3D would launch
a 3D program passing it a list of URLs to album images.  This program would be configurable by the administrator,  there may be different extensions for different OS programs (.jnlp for Java Web Start comes to mind) The 3D program would read the image URLs as
parameters or arguments.

I am very new to Coppermine, and I'm looking for general knowledge of the program without having to read through a bunch
of documention (I am disabled).

John
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 08:37:27 pm by GauGau »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.