Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple Upload Question  (Read 4794 times)

newbalance

• Coppermine newbie
Simple Upload Question
« on: September 23, 2006, 11:35:38 pm »

I have installed everything properly. When I try to upload files I get

"Error: Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files"

I must not be doing somthing simple.

What is it? Thanks

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Simple Upload Question
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 12:03:27 am »

You need to create an album where you are allowed to upload files.

enquirer64

• Coppermine novice
Re: upload not allowed
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 09:33:06 am »

This does seem to be an issue. I have read an tried to implement the troubleshooting given out on other posts in particlur Trouble-shooting the upload process.

I am using the latest version 1.4.9? using the games theme supplied. I have rechecked all folder permissions on the server. They are OK. I have set up all permissions as instructed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Using debug mode this is the error message I get:

USER:
------------------
Array
(
    [ID] => 481b572e7c9f4a192059c58108cb0faf
    [am] => 1
    [lang] => english_gb
    [liv] => Array
        (

• => 2
  • [1] => 6
                [2] => 7
                [3] => 13
                [4] => 12
            )

)

==========================
    USER DATA:
    ------------------
    Array
    (

[user_id] => 2
    [user_name] => replaced
    [groups] => Array
        (

• => 2

)

[disk_max] => 300
    [disk_min] => 300
    [can_rate_pictures] => 1
    [can_send_ecards] => 1
    [ufc_max] => 0
    [ufc_min] => 0
    [custom_user_upload] => 0
    [num_file_upload] => 1
    [num_URI_upload] => 0
    [can_post_comments] => 1
    [can_upload_pictures] => 1
    [can_create_albums] => 0
    [has_admin_access] => 0
    [pub_upl_need_approval] => 0
    [priv_upl_need_approval] => 0
    [group_name] => Registered
    [upload_form_config] => 0
    [group_quota] => 300
    [can_see_all_albums] => 0
    [group_id] => 2
)

Queries:
------------------
Array
(

• => SELECT extension, mime, content, player FROM cpg149_filetypes; (0.001s)
  • [1] => select * from cpg149_plugins order by priority asc; (0.001s)
        [2] => delete from `db`.cpg149_sessions where time<1161066166 and remember=0; (0.001s)
        [3] => delete from `db`.cpg149_sessions where time<1159860166; (0s)
        [4] => select user_id from `db`.cpg149_sessions where session_id=md5("1dbd0eea3be6bdf80ec413b00ad3e1f7246a31c7e24f1371358b40d9c1c47b6e"); (0.001s)
        [5] => select user_id as id, user_password as password from `db`.cpg149_users where user_id=2 (0.001s)
        [6] => SELECT u.user_id AS id, u.user_name AS username, u.user_password AS password, u.user_group+100 AS group_id FROM `db`.cpg149_users AS u INNER JOIN `db`.cpg149_usergroups AS g ON u.user_group=g.group_id WHERE u.user_id='2' (0.001s)
        [7] => SELECT user_group_list FROM `db`.cpg149_users AS u WHERE user_id='2' and user_group_list <> ''; (0s)
        [8] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) as disk_max, MIN(group_quota) as disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) as can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) as can_send_ecards, MAX(upload_form_config) as ufc_max, MIN(upload_form_config) as ufc_min, MAX(custom_user_upload) as custom_user_upload, MAX(num_file_upload) as num_file_upload, MAX(num_URI_upload) as num_URI_upload, MAX(can_post_comments) as can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) as can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) as can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) as has_admin_access, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) as pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) as  priv_upl_need_approval FROM cpg149_usergroups WHERE group_id in (2) (0.001s)
        [9] => SELECT group_name FROM  cpg149_usergroups WHERE group_id= 2 (0.001s)
        [10] => update `db`.cpg149_sessions set time='1161069766' where session_id=md5('1dbd0eea3be6bdf80ec413b00ad3e1f7246a31c7e24f1371358b40d9c1c47b6e'); (0s)
        [11] => SELECT user_favpics FROM cpg149_favpics WHERE user_id = 2 (0.001s)
        [12] => DELETE FROM cpg149_banned WHERE expiry < '2006-10-17 07:22:46' (0.001s)
        [13] => SELECT * FROM cpg149_banned WHERE (ip_addr='hidden' OR ip_addr='hidden' OR user_id=2) AND brute_force=0 (0s)
        [14] => SELECT aid, title FROM cpg149_albums WHERE category < 10000 AND uploads='YES' AND (visibility = '0' OR visibility IN (2)) ORDER BY title (0.001s)
        [15] => SELECT aid, title FROM cpg149_albums WHERE category='10002' ORDER BY title (0s)
    )

GET :
    ------------------
    Array
    (
    )

Array
    (
    )

Page generated in 0.556 seconds - 16 queries in 0.011 seconds - Album set : ; Meta set: ;
Negative karma and proud of it...

enquirer64

• Coppermine novice
Re: error message
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 09:35:45 am »

oh yes and error message reads:

File: [mysitedirectory]l/upload.php - Line: 864

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 09:38:45 am »

Re-read the upload troubleshooting section and do exactly as suggested - it clearly says what to do and what not. It clearly says that you mustn't post debug_output.

enquirer64

• Coppermine novice
Re: From Coppermine in reply
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 11:02:41 am »

From the software:

(If you're going to request help on the coppermine support board, copy-and-paste this debug output into your posting when requested, along with the error message you get (if any). Make sure to replace any passwords from the query with *** before posting.
Note: This is for information only and does not mean there is an error with your gallery.)

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 01:29:40 pm »

From the software:

(If you're going to request help on the coppermine support board, copy-and-paste this debug output into your posting when requested, along with the error message you get (if any). Make sure to replace any passwords from the query with *** before posting.
Note: This is for information only and does not mean there is an error with your gallery.)
Is there anybody requesting debug ouput?
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

enquirer64

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 01:44:17 pm »

I think the area of confusion resides in the need to click on the Allow Personal Gallery for the group in question. One thinks that allowing Public Albums Upload is sufficient but on my scant knowledge using the system this won't permit a new registered user to upload pictures. They have to create their own album first.

Not sure where one goes for sympathetic help - seems to be a lot of attitude on this Forum. >:(

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 03:02:10 pm »

This one goes to permission board !
BTW you need give register users upload permission to each album by editing each album properties ....
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 06:40:28 pm »

Not sure where one goes for sympathetic help - seems to be a lot of attitude on this Forum. >:(
Frustration, not attitude. When signing up, you had to agree to the board rules. There (in big, bold letters), we tell everyone that it's mandatory to read the documentation before posting. Postings that clearly show that you have failed to read the docs are frustrating for supporters, as they repeat endlessly. Take a look at the posting count next to each supporter's posting - don't you think you'd be frustrated to answer the same lame questions over and over again if you were an unpaid supporter on this board? If you're not happy with the level of support you get, you're welcome to file a complaint to your congressman or whoever accepts complaints about stuff that is provided absolutely for free.

enquirer64

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 06:50:24 pm »

Could this be a bug in fact? Permissions were granted on all the albums but it doesn't work that way. Do you have proof it does? Having come through the doumentation and then tried it with different permutations it seems to me to only work if a registered  user has Personal Album creation access. Should I now be looking in a different section as you say eg Permissions? This seems to be an issue as others are posting on it.
Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.