Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breadcrumb on Main Page v.1.4.9  (Read 7273 times)

ktdt00

• Coppermine newbie
Breadcrumb on Main Page v.1.4.9
« on: September 22, 2006, 11:17:46 pm »

Hello,

I've searched high and low...

I have "breadcrumb" listed on the Config | Album List View | The content of the Main Page section (eg. breadcrumb/catlist/alblist) but the breadcrumb does not actually show on the main page. I want it to because I am integrated with PHPBB and I have modified the breadcrumb array so that it always begins with a pointer back to the main board (per several other posts here).

There is an article explaining how to do this for v.1.3.x but it does not work for v.1.4.x. I've tried to extrapolate the solution from 1.3 to 1.4 without success. Per the manual it would appear as though this should just work - given that "breadcrumb" is a choice to have displayed on the main page. Still, I've read several posts from folks that indicate the breadcrumb is not supposed to appear on the main page regardless of what the instructions say.

I didn't know if this was a themes/skins/templates issue or an integration issue but the description of this topic seemed to fit better than the other so I chose it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

My gallery is at www.campstockton.com/coppermine if you want to have a look.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Breadcrumb on Main Page v.1.4.9
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 03:46:08 am »

Why don't you have a link to the forum in the system links instead of the breadcrumb? I think having it as you want would be confusing, and add clutter as you drill down deep into the gallery.

ktdt00

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 04:10:39 pm »

Hello and thanks for your response.

If by "system links" you mean the links at the top of the page I have already done that.

The majority of navigation in PHPBB is breadcrumb driven so folks don't normally look up there.

Thanks again!!

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 11:05:44 am »

open up  index.php and find these lines ( around 778~780) :
Code: [Select]
case 'breadcrumb':
                        // Added breadcrumb as a separate listable block from config
                        if (($breadcrumb != '' || count($cat_data) > 0) && $cat != 0) theme_display_breadcrumb($breadcrumb, $cat_data);

and remove && $cat != 0 from if statment  so those line should be look like these:

case 'breadcrumb':
                        if ($breadcrumb != '' || count($cat_data) > 0) theme_display_breadcrumb($breadcrumb, $cat_data);

I don't have my test bed to test it
hope it will work for you ....
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

wkdwich

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 07:10:23 pm »

Just to help someone else out.. the code as posted was close.. missing {

case 'breadcrumb':
//                    if (($breadcrumb != '' || count($cat_data) > 0) && $cat != 0) {
//                        theme_display_breadcrumb($breadcrumb, $cat_data);
if ($breadcrumb != '' || count($cat_data) > 0) {
theme_display_breadcrumb($breadcrumb, $cat_data);
                    }
                    break;
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.