Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Play Videos over 10mb  (Read 3463 times)

mchmaster

• Coppermine newbie
Can't Play Videos over 10mb
« on: September 21, 2006, 05:02:33 am »

Hi. I just recently upgraded to Coppermine 1.4.9. It was a clean install btw. I didn't upgrade from a previous version, but I was using 1.4.8 on a different part of the server. Before I upgraded, all of my videos worked just fine. When I transferred my videos over to the new install, many of the videos still worked, but I noticed that if they were over 10mb they wouldn't load in Coppermine. Nothing shows up at all. I checked the error details and it says:

"Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

Of course, they'll load if I just type in the URL though. I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS UPLOADING, BUT ANY VIDEO OVER 10MB WON'T PLAY. ANY VIDEO UNDER 10MB WORKS FINE!

Btw, it's not a problem with the "clsid" lines. I fixed those already. If you can help, I would be soooo grateful. Thank you.

eruss

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Can't Play Videos over 10mb
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 05:07:54 am »

Hi. I just recently upgraded to Coppermine 1.4.9. It was a clean install btw. I didn't upgrade from a previous version, but I was using 1.4.8 on a different part of the server. Before I upgraded, all of my videos worked just fine. When I transferred my videos over to the new install, many of the videos still worked, but I noticed that if they were over 10mb they wouldn't load in Coppermine. Nothing shows up at all. I checked the error details and it says:

"Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might not be available, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

Of course, they'll load if I just type in the URL though. I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS UPLOADING, BUT ANY VIDEO OVER 10MB WON'T PLAY. ANY VIDEO UNDER 10MB WORKS FINE!

Btw, it's not a problem with the "clsid" lines. I fixed those already. If you can help, I would be soooo grateful. Thank you.

Have you tried upgrading the original install to 1.4.9 instead of moving the data over?  You may have a mix of 1.4.8 and 1.4.9 files.

mchmaster

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 05:22:24 am »

Sorry, I needed to emphasize this point more. I have two seperate installations of Coppermine on my server using two completely seperate databases and directories. The one I put videos on is 1.4.9. I used to have them on my other gallery which is 1.4.8 but I wanted to seperate them. The videos were on 1.4.8 and they were working fine. When I put them on 1.4.9, I had the above problems. Both installations are clean installs, so I'm sure there is no mix of files.

eruss

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 05:28:17 am »

Sorry, I needed to emphasize this point more. I have two seperate installations of Coppermine on my server using two completely seperate databases and directories. The one I put videos on is 1.4.9. I used to have them on my other gallery which is 1.4.8 but I wanted to seperate them. The videos were on 1.4.8 and they were working fine. When I put them on 1.4.9, I had the above problems. Both installations are clean installs, so I'm sure there is no mix of files.

So the videos were a new upload?  Do you have your Max Size for Uploads set properly?

Config -> Files and thumbnails settings -> Max size for uploaded files (KB)

mchmaster

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 05:37:57 am »

As I wrote in my original post, I'm not having any issues with the actual uploading. All of my files upload fine. I tried changing the setting to 100000k just in case, but it didn't help

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 06:19:11 am »

‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

mchmaster

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 06:31:37 am »

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I've read that post several times before. The fix there helped me to fix a problem I had faced earlier in which no videos would play at all and I would receive no error details.

However, this seems to be a different problem entirely because I added those fixes already.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.