Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Create New Group  (Read 3899 times)

felguard

• Coppermine newbie
  • www.deimonhigh.com
    • DeimonHigh.com - Your Very Own Eyeshield21 Fansite
Can't Create New Group
« on: September 21, 2006, 03:56:53 am »

For some reason, I don't see the button to create a new group. I'm in Admin mode, but it still doesn't appear. Does this have anything to do with bridging?

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/2329/groupscb5.gif

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg58.imageshack.us%2Fimg58%2F2329%2Fgroupscb5.gif&hash=f266d3e7b645248cc068b97893d263d50c2b976e)

P.S. Another strange thing I notice (that has nothing to do with the group thing though) is that when you're in admin, and you go to "User Mode," it's actually different from the real user. What I mean is, in the admin user mode, you don't have the ability to upload pictures to your own gallery, but as a regular user that has no admin access, you're able to.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 07:19:51 am by Sami »

eruss

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Can't Create New Group
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 04:37:44 am »

First, are you sure SPOT is the Admin?  You need to be logged in as the Admin to create groups.  To confirm this, you can click on My Profile to see what group SPOT is in.

Second, when you see User Mode on the menu, it is a link to user mode, not a title stating you are in user mode.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 06:42:34 am »

Does this have anything to do with bridging?
Yes
When you are using bridging , you should create Group through your board group system ,CPG's group botton is there just for Synchronising porpose

P.S. Another strange thing I notice (that has nothing to do with the group thing though) is that when you're in admin, and you go to "User Mode," it's actually different from the real user. What I mean is, in the admin user mode, you don't have the ability to upload pictures to your own gallery, but as a regular user that has no admin access, you're able to.

admin mode & user mode from doc said
When you are in user mode you are still logged in as an admin user, but the admin controls (the admin menu bar etc.) are hidden from the screen to give you a basic preview of what the page would look like for "regular users". However (as you still are logged in as admin), certain permissions and options in user mode will still look the same as if you were in admin mode; you can not use "User Mode" to see what a non-admin user is actually allowed to see. To see what a casual visitor can see and do on your site, simply log out. To see what a registered user can see and do on your site, create a test user account (non-admin) and log in with this particular user (when doing this it is recommended that you use two different browsers, NOT two instances of the same browswer, to view your site so you can stay logged in as admin on one and view what regular users see while making changes in admin mode. You will have to refresh the non-admin mode screen to see what changes you incorporated).
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

felguard

• Coppermine newbie
  • www.deimonhigh.com
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 07:12:45 am »

Ahh, I see. Thank you very much. That answer both my questions. Atleast I know there's nothing wrong with the gallery.

I know I'm asking too much, but I was wondering if it was possible to allow a person to be an administrator on the gallery, but not an administrator on the forums. Is that possible?

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 07:19:15 am »

- No it's not possible
- We have one issue per thread rule
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

felguard

• Coppermine newbie
  • www.deimonhigh.com
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 09:47:22 am »

I see, thank you. Oh sorry about that. You may close the thread.

Thanks again for the support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.