Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Profile Link Missing!  (Read 2950 times)

balrogdiablo

• Coppermine newbie
My Profile Link Missing!
« on: September 21, 2006, 01:42:38 am »

For some reason, the My Profile Link doesn't show up on my gallery in user mode (I have full admin powers). Anyone know why? Should I post any info from my theme?

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: My Profile Link Missing!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 01:45:40 am »

My Profile  is under Admin menu and you don't have any Admin menu on user mode at all
but if it didn't apear on admin mode then you need to check if have installed any mod/plugin , something like final extarct
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

balrogdiablo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 12:13:59 pm »

Isnt it supposed to be in the SYS_MENU for registered users?

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 02:26:18 pm »

Yes it should be , as I said before if you've (as admin)  changed the mode to user mode you can't see any admin botton at all !
regular registred users will see it anyway (you can check it by creating a test register user)
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 08:55:00 am »

From the docs:
4.2 Admin mode & User mode

When you are logged in as an administrator, the script provides two modes of operation : Admin mode & User mode. You can switch between Admin & User mode by clicking on the corresponding link in the menu bar at the top of the screen.

[...]

When you are in user mode you are still logged in as an admin user, but the admin controls (the admin menu bar etc.) are hidden from the screen to give you a basic preview of what the page would look like for "regular users". However (as you still are logged in as admin), certain permissions and options in user mode will still look the same as if you were in admin mode; you can not use "User Mode" to see what a non-admin user is actually allowed to see. To see what a casual visitor can see and do on your site, simply log out. To see what a registered user can see and do on your site, create a test user account (non-admin) and log in with this particular user (when doing this it is recommended that you use two different browsers, NOT two instances of the same browswer, to view your site so you can stay logged in as admin on one and view what regular users see while making changes in admin mode. You will have to refresh the non-admin mode screen to see what changes you incorporated).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 19 queries.