Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: converting filenames in database  (Read 3385 times)

Dillio187

• Coppermine newbie
converting filenames in database
« on: September 20, 2006, 04:29:35 pm »

I have an install of 1.4.9 that has been upgraded a few times.  When I first set it up I was a bit of a newbie and was using file names that contained spaces.  Everything worked fine until my last upgrade, when all of the files with spaces were converted to underscores.  Now, when viewing the thumbnail and intermediate images, everything works fine, but when attempting to view the fullsize image, nothing comes up due to the file not existing anymore.  Is there any way to convert all of the links in the database from spaces to underscores?  I've verified it works by changing a couple files back to having spaces in them.  Obviously, going forward I will not use any spaces in my file names, as unfortunately I read the FAQ post above a year or so too late.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

eruss

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: converting filenames in database
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 03:42:45 am »

I have an install of 1.4.9 that has been upgraded a few times.  When I first set it up I was a bit of a newbie and was using file names that contained spaces.  Everything worked fine until my last upgrade, when all of the files with spaces were converted to underscores.  Now, when viewing the thumbnail and intermediate images, everything works fine, but when attempting to view the fullsize image, nothing comes up due to the file not existing anymore.  Is there any way to convert all of the links in the database from spaces to underscores?  I've verified it works by changing a couple files back to having spaces in them.  Obviously, going forward I will not use any spaces in my file names, as unfortunately I read the FAQ post above a year or so too late.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Answer here:  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=32507.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.