Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to create a upload button?  (Read 2523 times)

emaluzer

• Coppermine newbie
how to create a upload button?
« on: September 20, 2006, 01:12:40 am »

I need to customize the upload.php page so a user has the choice of uploading their own picture file,  uploading from a URL, or (this is the new part)  a link that will automatically upload a default picture to the album if the user doesnt have a picture available.

You may wonder why I need this.  I have an online classifieds site, sometimes the customer doesnt have a picture of the item they want to sell.  Therefore they can list the details of  the item after clicking the default button (or a preprogrammed URL will work)  that uses a picture I have developed that says "NO PICTURE AVAILABLE". 

If someone could point me to which file and where I will have to code this at or at least the file where I can create a standard URL that points to my default no picture file.

Thanks for your help.

eruss

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: how to create a upload button?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 03:32:13 am »

I need to customize the upload.php page so a user has the choice of uploading their own picture file,  uploading from a URL, or (this is the new part)  a link that will automatically upload a default picture to the album if the user doesnt have a picture available.

You may wonder why I need this.  I have an online classifieds site, sometimes the customer doesnt have a picture of the item they want to sell.  Therefore they can list the details of  the item after clicking the default button (or a preprogrammed URL will work)  that uses a picture I have developed that says "NO PICTURE AVAILABLE". 

If someone could point me to which file and where I will have to code this at or at least the file where I can create a standard URL that points to my default no picture file.

Thanks for your help.

Modifying upload.php to add another upload type would be one method.  (1) Browse & Upload, (2) URL/URI, (3) Default image.  I can't dig into all the file references where you would define this though.  You would need to mod more than upload.php.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.