Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Captcha (Visual Confirmation) for comments/registration/reporting/login/ecard  (Read 847456 times)

twinznavy

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Captcha (Visual Confirmation) for comments/registration/reporting/login/ecard
« Reply #780 on: September 15, 2009, 12:20:37 pm »

oki now it works

I had edited something inside captcha.php as I read on
forum

there was someone who wrote that I had to take away this

require ( 'include / init.inc.php');

leave it to the back-to-date te 1.4.25 to now it works

this is good
so i hope to clear all the fake users

thanks for all the support  ;D ;D ;D

tjiepie

• Coppermine novice
Re: Captcha (Visual Confirmation) for comments/registration/reporting/login/ecard
« Reply #781 on: September 16, 2009, 05:07:28 pm »

I see the Captcha tool on the login and the register page.
I don't see the Captcha tool by the comment box

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #782 on: September 17, 2009, 03:38:58 pm »

Then read the readme and perform the needed edits

missparis

• Coppermine novice

I can't see the captcha image on the registration page, so when people try to register they got the error "confirmation code didnt match". I followed the intructions of this post http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,36319.msg225008.html#msg225008 but nothing happened.  :-\
Link of my gallery: http://www.melinda-clarke.org/gallery/.
Thanks.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

The first thing you need to do is upgrade. Your Coppermine version is out of date and vulnerable.
If you allow people to register with this old release then you will allow your site to be compromised.
(It is still vulnerable without new users too)

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.18 (stable)-->

After you upgrade you will need to "fix" your theme.

As you can see......
The captcha displays fine on this page: http://www.melinda-clarke.org/gallery/register.php?theme=classic

missparis

• Coppermine novice

Thanks for the reminder!  :) I just upgraded my gallery.

Well I will try to fix the theme, because since the upgrade the captcha image is not the only thing that does not work  :-\.
Thanks again.

Kim Bubandt

• Coppermine newbie
    • My website gallery
« Reply #786 on: November 06, 2009, 12:01:24 pm »

SOLVED

I had big problems with this plug-in before getting it to work.

So hopefully I can help others by telling what I did:

1. Problem was that the image and text didn't show up at the registration page at all - solved by this post http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,36319.msg225008.html#msg225008

2. Problem was that image didn't show. Only a red cross. In the time I was searching for a solution my login timed out. So now I couldn't even log in again, because I couldn't see image. In the future maybe login confirmation should be disabled by default when installing.

3. Tried to delete the SQL table as mentioned in this post http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,36319.msg170592.html#msg170592 - now I could log in again.

4. Changed the settings in file codebase.php so that this problem wouldn't occur again.
Code: [Select]
    $CAPTCHA_DISABLE = array('login' => 'Administrators,Registered,Anonymous',´
        'register' => 'Administrators,Registered,Anonymous',
        'comment' => 'Administrators,Registered,Anonymous',
        'report' => 'Administrators',
        'ecard' => 'Administrators',
        );

5. I tried Installing and Uninstalling the plug-in several times - no luck.

6. Found that you can put the code to a file instead of a picture.
Find this in captcha.class.php
      function Create($sFilename = '') {

Change to
      function Create($sFilename = 'test.jpg') {

This way i could check that the everything worked, because the code was actually made in the jpg file. Hmmmm OK thats one step further.
NOTE: File can be found in the root folder and the picture will NOT show until you remove this 'test.jpg' again. Only one is allowed at the same time - file OR picture.
I have no idea why this was working with the file, but not with the picture on the page itself. Maybe someone can answer this?

7. Looked through this huge thread trying to find a solution - at the moment it's 40 pages big. Found this post from Nibbler

2) Clean the output buffer just before the image is displayed.
captcha.php
Find:
$code = $oPhpCaptcha->Create();

Change to
ob_end_clean();
$code = $oPhpCaptcha->Create();

8. SUCCESS - now everything worked and now I just changed the configuration in codebase.php to the settings I would like to have on my page.

9. Attached is also the Danish translation of the confirmation messages - Huge job to translate  ;)

Hope that this is helpful to someone. I found this solution by searching the board!
Not saying it's the fastest solution, but remember that the members here is helping because they would like to help - NOT because they have to!!!

MjrGaelic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #787 on: December 02, 2009, 07:47:36 pm »

Plugin works great on www.ddofaces.com

Thanks ! =)

Izzie Stevens

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • www.seriouslygreylovers.com
    • Seriously Grey Lovers

I want the confirmation code for all users, how can i do that?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Read the readme file that comes with this plugin first. Then respect board rules. Sounds familiar?

pbuenger

• Coppermine newbie

Hello all,

I am just trying to enable Captcha on my gallery. http://www.mausfang.de/bilder/cpg/

It works fine at the registration, but is not shown at the comments input. When guests try to enter a comment, they get the error message, that they haven't entered the captcha code. But there isn't either a picture nor an input field, in all themes.

I read the readme.txt and also copied the captcha.php to the coppermine-root.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

I was able to enter a comment without seeing any captcha action. Did not see a registration link either.
Re-enable and re-post - someone might be able to help you.

pbuenger

• Coppermine newbie

Oh, I'm sorry, was just playing around with this plugin. Now it is enabled for comments, but there is no input field an no picture. You can change the theme to classic, or whatever else, but it isn't visible in any theme.

Peter

andy_cul

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • Incigida

i was able to isolate what cause you Don't see captcha in registration page it was this mod Right Click Menu v2.0.1 (Stable) now i dont know how to remove this plugin without login in to admin. anyone has the solution?

even if i did this fix http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,36319.msg225008.html#msg225008 still the image capcha wont show.

thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

You've been told about borad rules so often that it really hurts. For the thousandth time: Board rules / Forum policies: Post Links

Jinnie

• Coppermine newbie

I'm at a loss. I installed this here: http://staintalk.com/stainart

But it didn't show up under Registration, and the link provided on this thread must've been for an outdated version, because the command lines don't match.

Then my login timed out, and I can't log back in as admin to uninstall it, because that's also requiring captcha that isn't showing.

I was able to get to debug mode via PHPMyAdmin: (from login.php)

USER:
------------------
Array
(
    [ID] => 3236483edbd30801421b735964c1f9c9
    [am] => 1
    [lang] => english
    [theme] => staintalk
    [liv] => Array
        (
        )

)

==========================
USER DATA:
------------------
Array
(
    [user_id] => 0
    [user_name] => Guest
    [groups] => Array
        (

• => 3

)

[group_quota] => 0
    [can_rate_pictures] => 0
    [can_send_ecards] => 0
    [can_post_comments] => 0
    [can_upload_pictures] => 0
    [can_create_albums] => 0
    [pub_upl_need_approval] => 1
    [priv_upl_need_approval] => 1
    [upload_form_config] => 3
    [num_file_upload] => 5
    [num_URI_upload] => 3
    [custom_user_upload] => 0
    [disk_max] => 0
    [disk_min] => 0
    [ufc_max] => 3
    [ufc_min] => 3
    [has_admin_access] => 0
    [group_name] => Guests
    [can_see_all_albums] => 0
    [group_id] => 3
)

Queries:
------------------
Array
(

• => SELECT extension, mime, content, player FROM cpg14x_filetypes; (0s)
  • [1] => select * from cpg14x_plugins order by priority asc; (0s)
        [2] => delete from `staintal_stainart`.cpg14x_sessions where time<1275502864 and remember=0; (0s)
        [3] => delete from `staintal_stainart`.cpg14x_sessions where time<1274296864; (0s)
        [4] => select user_id from `staintal_stainart`.cpg14x_sessions where session_id = '382d47cbae158360eddae4156efa20c9' (0s)
        [5] => select user_id as id, user_password as password from `staintal_stainart`.cpg14x_users where user_id=0 (0s)
        [6] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) as disk_max, MIN(group_quota) as disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) as can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) as can_send_ecards, MAX(upload_form_config) as ufc_max, MIN(upload_form_config) as ufc_min, MAX(custom_user_upload) as custom_user_upload, MAX(num_file_upload) as num_file_upload, MAX(num_URI_upload) as num_URI_upload, MAX(can_post_comments) as can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) as can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) as can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) as has_admin_access, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) as pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) as  priv_upl_need_approval FROM cpg14x_usergroups WHERE group_id in (3) (0s)
        [7] => SELECT group_name FROM  cpg14x_usergroups WHERE group_id= 3 (0s)
        [8] => update `staintal_stainart`.cpg14x_sessions set time='1275506464' where session_id = '382d47cbae158360eddae4156efa20c9' (0s)
        [9] => SELECT home,login,my_gallery,upload_pic,album_list,lastup,lastcom,topn,toprated,favpics,search,my_profile FROM cpg14x_final_extract_config WHERE Group_Id=3 (0s)
        [10] => DELETE FROM cpg14x_banned WHERE expiry < '2010-06-02 13:21:04' (0s)
        [11] => SELECT * FROM cpg14x_banned WHERE (ip_addr='98.245.17.113' OR ip_addr='98.245.17.113' OR user_id=0) AND brute_force=0 (0s)
    )

GET :
    ------------------
    Array
    (

[referer] => index.php
)

Array
(
)

Page generated in 0.048 seconds - 12 queries in 0 seconds - Album set : ; Meta set: ;

Please help. I just want to get rid of this plugin. Do I have to completely uninstall Coppermine and start over? I didn't make up a backup like I would for mods because I assumed these were more stable.

Thanks in advance. :)

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

In the future please do not post debug output unless it is requested. That only makes a posting difficult to read, takes up extra space and electrons.

When trying to run captcha.php in your gallery root the response is:
Fatal error: Class 'PhpCaptcha' not found in /home/staintal/public_html/stainart/captcha.php  on line 27

You should first try uploading a clean copy of the plugin files and especially the file captcha.php as instructed.

It is possible that your theme or lang. file(s) are interfering. If that is the case and the above does not work then use your phpmyadmin to delete the record of the plugin from "cpg_plugins", then login and delete the plugin.

Toa

• Coppermine novice

hi,

i installed the captche plugin 3.1 for 1.4.x on may gallery www.kotor-faces.de 1.4.27

i dont see any captcha and cant login to my gallery :-(

did i do a mistake for this reason?

greetings,
Toa

pepemosca

• Coppermine novice

Toa, did you copy captcha.php to the root folder of your site?

Toa

• Coppermine novice

Toa, did you copy captcha.php to the root folder of your site?

yes, late but i copied it to root then :-)
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.