Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Captcha (Visual Confirmation) for comments/registration/reporting/login/ecard  (Read 848099 times)

Nibbler

Apply suggestion 2 from http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,36319.msg258786.html#msg258786

Edit: looks like you have a BOM at the start of the file, caused by editing it with an application that does not correctly support unicode.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 01:01:00 pm by Nibbler »

phatair

• Coppermine regular visitor

Thanks Nibbler,

i will try to clean the output buffer.

oh, ok! Thats possible - i edit the file with a editor of Joomla - so maybe this editor isnt the best editor to make these changes. I will remove the BOM and check the captcha again.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

phatair

Hi,

i changed the code in the captcha.php from:

Code: [Select]
$code = $oPhpCaptcha->Create();
to this like in the other thread:

Code: [Select]
ob_end_clean();
$code = $oPhpCaptcha->Create();

but the code isnt still there.

@Nibbler - i don't see the BOM (for me a BOM is a "bad character" in the code) in which file do you see the BOM?

scottcrew

• Coppermine novice
  • God Bless!
    • Scottcrew Web Services

I am seeming to have this same issue. It began right around July 18th, for us.
It kept leaving processes open on the server for the captcha.php file, which ended up shutting down all php scripts we were running.
I had to remove the captcha plugin to be able to stop the processes from reoccurring, but now, we are dealing with lots of spam comments. I want to put captcha back on, but not if we can't get the images to show when logging on or doing anything else...
Please help...

Nibbler

Try uploading a clean copy of german.php. The only reason I can think of as to why it works in other languages but not German is that there is something wrong with your German lang file.

The BOM appears as a »¿ at the start of your page, but your browser may hide it from you.

phatair

Hi,

so i uploaded a clean new german.php file but nothing changed. I renamed the english.php in german.php and the german.php in english.php. So if the german.php is wrong then it must be fine with the english.php (now the german.php). But the same error appears.

I searched in the source code of my page but i dont found the BOM??

phatair

no other solution for this problem?

Nibbler

The BOM is still there. Solution is still to remove it. Maybe it's coming from Joomla.

scottcrew

• Coppermine novice
  • God Bless!
    • Scottcrew Web Services

BUMP... I posted this before, but it went completely ignored...
We don't use German and it was working before, but now it is not:
Original post:
I am seeming to have this same issue. It began right around July 18th, for us.
It kept leaving processes open on the server for the captcha.php file, which ended up shutting down all php scripts we were running.
I had to remove the captcha plugin to be able to stop the processes from reoccurring, but now, we are dealing with lots of spam comments. I want to put captcha back on, but not if we can't get the images to show when logging on or doing anything else...
Please help...

Nibbler

No idea. Find out what happened July 18th.

phatair

Hi Nibbler,
thanks again for your answer - can you please tell me where exactly you see the BOM? I dont see them. THis would be very helpful for me.

Thanks!
Best regards.

Nibbler

It's in the raw output of captcha.php. I doubt that helps you. See if disabling the bridge has any effect.

Gilles50110

• Coppermine newbie
    • Parigot-Manchot

Edit the file with notepad++ and choose the doctype "UTF8 without BOM" and save the file.
A BOM can't be "seen".
Look at "Byte Order Mark" on WP.

phatair

Hi,
so i disabled the bridge - installed the plugin again but the captcha code is not shown.
I downloaded the notepad++ and opened the captch.php.
i try format -> encode in utf8 - without BOM and i tried format -> convert to utf8 without bom

both changes didnt help - the captch is not shown. I opend the changed captcha.php again and there is still dos/windows and ANSI info in the right side of notepad++

i think i have to disable the comment function for guets because without captchas there are to much spam comments :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

thanks again for your answer - can you please tell me where exactly you see the BOM? I dont see them. THis would be very helpful for me.
Try the solution I posted in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,25865.msg119270.html#msg119270

phatair

thanks for the link
but if i search in my complete coppermine or joomla directory for the BOM (»¿) i find around 100 matches in several files. This character appears in my jpgs, in other files and so on...
i cant believe that all this files are corrupted. i think i delete this plugin and only registerd users can comment the photos. this is not the best solution but i think i will not find the problem and i am not so good in this hole php thing - i dont want waste your time.

thanks a lot for your help.

jeffcole455

• Coppermine newbie
    • SoonerShooter.com

@Sami:  I just wanted to comment on the plugin.

What a great tool! ;D  I've installed it in my amateur gallery (http://pics.oklahomaedge.com) and it is working great!  Now I can advertise this thing and really open up the registration gates without a flood of spambots.  Thank you for providing such clear guidance in the "Read Me" doc.  Everything works smoothly.

Jeff

streetart

• Coppermine novice

hello

How I can hidden the captcha from the register.php? I dont find the code..

Charlie-brm

• Coppermine newbie

Just installed the Captcha 3.0 zip files.
The confirmation image was totally chicken scratches, no visible fonts.
I looked in the captcha.php and changed the number of noise lines from 70 to 4, then 1.
At 1 there is a blank box, anything else is totally chicken scratches.
So no way to even log in. I deleted the captcha folder to regain access to my own gallery.

What's going on?

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project

check the requirement please .
make sure , font folder is exist
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 41   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.