Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Captcha (Visual Confirmation) for comments/registration/reporting/login/ecard  (Read 847426 times)

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project

Did you change any setting?
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

GWL

• Coppermine newbie
    • ST covers

Did you change any setting?
No, nothing.
That´s why it´s so strange.

I´m really greatfull for all help i can get with this.

GWL

• Coppermine newbie
    • ST covers

No, nothing.
That´s why it´s so strange.

I´m really greatfull for all help i can get with this.
Does anyone have the same problem?
How can it be that 4 characters is showing fine, but the fifth isn´t (sometimes)?

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project

Sorry I can't help you , it's really weird problem
Try this:
- Uninstall plugin
- Delete captcha folder from {gallery-root}/plugins/
- Re-upload the plugin and re-install it
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Jasondt2001

• Coppermine novice

I'm in LOVE with this plugin - The last 4 days I've gotten 8 new registrations by lyjdan280@chongsoft.com and goldlike1000@gmail.com - This lil gem will fix their wagon :)

Thank you for sharing such a useful tool!!

- Jason

Mish-A-Man

• Coppermine newbie
    • Wallpaper Gallery

Hi,
You made a great plugin but I have one problem and I can't fix it. When my basic language file (gallery_root/lang) is set to utf-8 characters encoding then I don't see the confirmation code, but in other characters encoding is active. Let me show you the example:

First for utf-8 encoding:
http://www.wpgallery.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0&theme=srpski&lang=srpski        - this is where is not working (look at the comments field, the captcha field (in serbian field 'potvrdi') is showing up but the picture don't

http://www.wpgallery.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0&theme=classic&lang=english     - here is all ok

Is there a chance to fix this because to see special characters that serbian language uses you need to set it to utf-8

Thanks a lot in advance

Misha

Nibbler

Save the lang file with a different text editor. The one you are using is adding a BOM to the output. This is not related to the plugin but to your own modifications.

Mish-A-Man

• Coppermine newbie
    • Wallpaper Gallery

Thanks a lot... now it's ok

Cath22

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fotofantastic

Hi there,

I also use the EnlargeIt plugin, and the Captcha disables this function, that is the standard view is back, did you also find this and perhaps have a working solution? If no solution I'll just do without it.
P.S. I also found out that another plugin Rightclick first disabled the view of the Captcha.

Thanks anyway
Cath
qui custodiet ipsos custodes

ashart

• Coppermine newbie

Capatcha image not showing heres the de-bug, there's a conflict with master template i believe as i uninstalled all plugins and tried everything, image doesnt show when mater template is installed..

Code: [Select]
USER:
------------------
Array
(
    [ID] => 37ee57505bc87240fd21762a1414a692
    [am] => 1
    [lang] => english
)

==========================
USER DATA:
------------------
Array
(
    [user_id] => 0
    [user_name] => Guest
    [groups] => Array
        (
            [0] => 3
        )

[group_quota] => 0
    [can_rate_pictures] => 1
    [can_send_ecards] => 0
    [can_post_comments] => 0
    [can_upload_pictures] => 0
    [can_create_albums] => 0
    [pub_upl_need_approval] => 1
    [priv_upl_need_approval] => 1
    [upload_form_config] => 0
    [num_file_upload] => 5
    [num_URI_upload] => 3
    [custom_user_upload] => 0
    [disk_max] => 0
    [disk_min] => 0
    [ufc_max] => 0
    [ufc_min] => 0
    [has_admin_access] => 0
    [group_name] => Anonymous
    [can_see_all_albums] => 0
    [group_id] => 3
)

Queries:
------------------
Array
(
    [0] => SELECT extension, mime, content, player FROM cpg14x_filetypes; (0s)
    [1] => select * from cpg14x_plugins order by priority asc; (0s)
    [2] => delete from `ashartph_coppermine`.cpg14x_sessions where time<1237628181 and remember=0; (0s)
    [3] => delete from `ashartph_coppermine`.cpg14x_sessions where time<1236422181; (0s)
    [4] => select user_id from `ashartph_coppermine`.cpg14x_sessions where session_id = 'a11eb0b913f3f5ef9f2fb58908b61885' (0s)
    [5] => select user_id as id, user_password as password from `ashartph_coppermine`.cpg14x_users where user_id=0 (0s)
    [6] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) as disk_max, MIN(group_quota) as disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) as can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) as can_send_ecards, MAX(upload_form_config) as ufc_max, MIN(upload_form_config) as ufc_min, MAX(custom_user_upload) as custom_user_upload, MAX(num_file_upload) as num_file_upload, MAX(num_URI_upload) as num_URI_upload, MAX(can_post_comments) as can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) as can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) as can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) as has_admin_access, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) as pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) as  priv_upl_need_approval FROM cpg14x_usergroups WHERE group_id in (3) (0s)
    [7] => SELECT group_name FROM  cpg14x_usergroups WHERE group_id= 3 (0s)
    [8] => update `ashartph_coppermine`.cpg14x_sessions set time='1237631781' where session_id = 'a11eb0b913f3f5ef9f2fb58908b61885' (0s)
    [9] => DELETE FROM cpg14x_banned WHERE expiry < '2009-03-21 20:36:21' (0s)
    [10] => SELECT * FROM cpg14x_banned WHERE (ip_addr='202.90.48.138' OR ip_addr='192.168.8.26' OR user_id=0) AND brute_force=0 (0s)
    [11] => SELECT aid FROM cpg14x_albums WHERE visibility != '0' AND visibility !='10000' AND visibility NOT IN (3) (0s)
)

GET :
------------------
Array
(
    [referer] => index.php
)

Array
(
)

Page generated in 0.045 seconds - 12 queries in 0 seconds - Album set : ; Meta set: ;

can you see a fix anywhere?

Mish-A-Man

• Coppermine newbie
    • Wallpaper Gallery

Hi Sami, I am sorry for bothering you again... the captcha worked fine until I did gallery update to 1.4.21... now the problem is more specific. I see confirmation code on my computer in firefox and ie... and I try it on three other computers and it works fine... then, five of my friends can't see the code only in firefox... just to mention that I still see confirmation code and it's hard to me to see what is going on... I try everything that I read in this thread and doing it for a two days... some of my friends still can't see confirmation code and some of them can see... that's strange to me... do you know what it is?
thanks

Mish-A-Man

• Coppermine newbie
    • Wallpaper Gallery

Hi again, I think this will be interesting to you... this one solve the problem and only change I made is in template.html file (from cpg 1.4.21):

instead of this line on the top:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="us" lang="us" dir="{LANG_DIR}">

I added:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html dir="{LANG_DIR}">

and now all my friends can see confirmation code and made comments. Hope this will help you in the future and thanks for the great plugin!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 07:34:07 pm by Joachim Müller »

Scope

• Coppermine novice

Initially this plugin worked fine, however in the last couple of weeks I have started getting spam registrations again, with user names very similar to those I got a few months ago, before I installed it..

I am not sure how they have got around the Captcha plugin, but it appears it is no longer stopping the spam bots registring on my album.

madhatt

• Coppermine novice

Could I get some quick help?

I've installed the plugin and have GD and Freetype installed, but when I load the comment page it hung on trying to load the captcha picture.

I'm not sure why this would happen.

Thanks for your help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Could I get some quick help?
This is not a hotline.

As suggested countless times on this thread already, posting a link to your gallery might be a good idea. If your gallery is only accessible for registered users, it might be a clever idea to post a non-admin test user account as well.

If you want fast answers, you should post the information that supporters need. Hint: board rules exist for particular reasons.

coloradofree

• Coppermine newbie
    • Colorado Free Radio Group

Thanks for your plugin, I've been using it on one of my Galleries for about 3 years and have rarely had any problems, Occasionaly I still get an intruder, it seems like a gmail address is always attached to it, perhaps this helps in finding a fix. None the less, I'm about to add it to a new gallery I'm creating for a friend's son who passed away. Best regards and thanks again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Captcha helps against bots. It doesn't help against humans who drop spam messages. That's why you will still experience some spam after having applied captcha - the spam caused by human spammers. That doesn't mean that there is something wrong with captcha, nor is this related in any way to the email address they use.

coloradofree

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks Joachim, I wondered about that, I love this plugin and have never had any problems with it in particular. Seeing that you are one of the most knowledgable mods on the forums, would you know of any way to abate that particular problem (the human spammer element)?

Thanks again

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

No, not really. What could help is the akismet mod. However, this thread is not the correct place to talk about different, unrelated mods or plugins.
The problem will only improve in cpg1.5.x, where you will have comment approval. However, there's no scheduled release date for cpg1.5.x, nor should it be discussed in this thread. Back to topic please. If you want to lead a discussion about spam, start a thread of your own on the regular support board and not within this very announcement thread for a particular plugin.

coloradofree

• Coppermine newbie

Will do, thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.