Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Can not upload big size files?  (Read 2535 times)

Amber85

• Coppermine newbie
[SOLVED] Can not upload big size files?
« on: September 17, 2006, 12:23:39 am »

Uploading went fine until I uploaded a picture of 900x1500. When I tried to add it with 'batch add' (like I always do), I am getting a red cross instead of a thumbnail. But when I click on the picture's filename, it just shows me the picture which I have uploaded. But it just doesn't want to add the picture to my gallery.

And the picture is just something like 500 KB. But the weird part is that I uploaded a picture of 870x1450, it just works fine, but then I tried a 1450x1450 file, it failed and I got a red cross again! And then I tried 1000x1450, because I have uploaded a 1000x542 picture before with no problems at all! But the 1000x1450 picture failed!

And I checked my memory_limit and it's at 8MB, and I read here that a picture with a size of 1200x1600 uses 5.49 MB. It seems that that couldn't be the problem, right?

I read several help topics, and the trouble-shooting page, and unfortunately it didn't solve anything for my case. I hope someone can help me with this problem, thank you already!

-deleted
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 02:32:45 pm by Amber85 »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Can not upload big size files?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 01:03:37 am »

You're running into a memory limitation of GD.  It takes a huge amount of resources to resize large dimension images.  If your host provides ImageMagick, you can try using that to get around this problem.  If they don't, ask them to increase your memory_limit to 16MB.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Amber85

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Can not upload big size files?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 02:04:05 am »

You're running into a memory limitation of GD.  It takes a huge amount of resources to resize large dimension images.  If your host provides ImageMagick, you can try using that to get around this problem.  If they don't, ask them to increase your memory_limit to 16MB.

Ah I see, well I just emailed my host if they could change the memory_limit, so I wonder what their response will be. :)

Thank you for your reply!  ;)

-edit; they changed the memory_limit to 32MB for me and now i don't have those problems anymore~ ^^
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 02:33:15 pm by Amber85 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.