Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intermediate and Fullsize Image Errors after host move  (Read 34301 times)

crashnet

• Coppermine regular visitor
Intermediate and Fullsize Image Errors after host move
« on: September 16, 2006, 10:03:13 pm »

I understand I'm using an old version (1.3.x), but this is more for my learning than anything else.  I have 1.4 ready to go, but I'd like to figure this out without upgrading first.

Anyway, I recently moved my gallery over to a new host.  For some reason, some of my intermediate and full size images do not display, but they are linked properly and stored in the correct folders.  I see them, plain as day, where they should be for the gallery to find them, and their thumbnail images are displayed properly.  CHMOD settings are fine, and I've even tried running the Database update in the Admin Tools.  When I try to run it on a gallery with an image that is not working, it tells me it cannot open the folder, even with a CHMOD of 777, appropriate links, and the folder being named properly and in the correct parent folder.  What would cause some images to no longer work properly, but other images to work fine?

Some examples:
Working Image:
http://www.papered.net/wallpapers/thumbnails.php?album=32 (both images work properly)

Broken Images:
http://www.phaper.com/wallpapers/thumbnails.php?album=95 (thumbnail works, but intermediate and full size images do not.  I have checked, and the URL matches the location of the image)

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 07:58:33 am by Stramm »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Intermediate and Fullsize Image Errors after host move
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 10:07:42 pm »

You do not link to the images directly but using a script logo.php. That's not part of coppermine and therefore I can't tell you much. If it's a mod, then look it up in its thread again
Images are working though http://www.phaper.com/wallpapers/albums/userpics/10002/HP1_800.jpg

crashnet

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 03:35:20 am »

You do not link to the images directly but using a script logo.php. That's not part of coppermine and therefore I can't tell you much. If it's a mod, then look it up in its thread again
Images are working though http://www.phaper.com/wallpapers/albums/userpics/10002/HP1_800.jpg

OH.  I forgot about the logo.php...thats the watermark script, and I just noticed all of the images that use it are having problems.  I modifying the script to use ImageMagik instead and it works fine.  Is GD and GD2 Library the same thing?

« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 04:18:38 am by crashnet »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 07:44:19 am »

Is GD and GD2 Library the same thing?
No GD is older version with some weakness on color proccessing and ...
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 01:19:46 pm »

In fact the difference lies between GD1 and GD2. GD is the overall name. Older GD versions didn't come with support for true color pallettes / RGB, but only for 256 colors per pic.

smaggard85

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 03:05:44 am »

I'm having the exact same problem after moving my CPG to a new server. I did an SQL export via phpmyadmin and imported the sql file back in, all is good and users can login with their old username/password. I took the cpg folder and moved it as well, the domain and location is the same as on the old server so I shouldn't have to change any of the settings. The mysql server password has changed tho and I changed that in the config.inc.php so all is good.

BUT, some of the pictures won't show up at all, but they are there on the server I see them. Is this a permissions or Imagemagick/GD thing? Thanks for all your help, and as soon as I get this ironed out I will be upgrading to 1.4.x

Thanks Again!
CPG 1.3

I almost forgot, the link is http://shawnmaggard.com/cpg
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 03:58:53 am by smaggard85 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 09:13:11 am »

Your issue differs. Don't try to hijack threads, particularly not those on an outdated support board. Locking. If you need help, start a new thread of your own on the proper board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.