Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User Updatable Keywords and Custom Fields for Image Description  (Read 3559 times)

bmasella

• Coppermine newbie
User Updatable Keywords and Custom Fields for Image Description
« on: September 14, 2006, 07:24:20 pm »

I would like to have a way for my users to update the keywords on an image and the Custom Fields for Image Description that I've defined in Config.   When I do a batch upload I typically don't have time to go back and work through each individual image to place the pertinent information onto each of the hundreds of images.   Allowing my users to do this while they are viewing the image would be a great improvement and would make my gallery much more search friendly.

What I would envision is a link to "Update Keywords" and they would be presented with a dialog that would show them the keyword and custom fields similar to what is done on an upload image dialog.   The user would enter the information and they would be "appended" to those that already exist.

Obviously this would need to be a feature that could be turned on or off because I believe there would be many instances where gallery owners would NOT want the images to be updated... perhaps the on and off could be tied to the album properties?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 08:33:12 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Nibbler

Re: User Updatable Keywords and Custom Fields for Image Description
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 12:02:55 am »

That won't allow users to add caption data to files that have been batch added by the admin though. Would be more suited to a mod/plugin than a core feature.

bmasella

• Coppermine newbie
Re: User Updatable Keywords and Custom Fields for Image Description
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 08:34:14 pm »

I was actually thinking more along the lines of all images in all galleries regardless of who the owner is.  User generated image cataloging...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.