Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After installing 1.4.9  (Read 3939 times)

erika_conn

• Coppermine regular visitor
After installing 1.4.9
« on: September 14, 2006, 04:46:05 pm »

http://www.ceconn.com/photo_gallery/index.php
C:\Documents and Settings\Erika\My Documents\Shutterbug's Photo Gallery - Versioncheck.htm - I'm not sure if you can see this.

I followed the instructions and was careful not to touch the "albums" directory.  I did not overwrite: include/config.inc.php nor anycontent.php, all as directed.  I did not upload install.php thinking it was not necessary with an upgrade, according to the instructions.  I was hoping this would solve the problem I'm having whereby I cannot seem to get the photos in the order I want, even after going through the "Sort My Pictures" exercise.  That problem was not resolved with the upgrade.

In addition, I seem to have a new situation: I can't get into "user mode".

With the Versioncheck they want me to upload anycontent.php, install.php, albums/edit/no_ftp-uploads_into_this_folder (in red) I don't know what that means.  Then it looks OK until we get to plugins/sample/codebase.php, plugins/sample/configuration.php.  Then plugins/sef_urls/codebase.php, plugins/sef_urls/configuration.php, plugins/sef_urls/ht.txt.

What should I have done?   ??? ??? ???

It is now a couple of hours later and the User Mode seems to have rectified itself somehow. (I hope).  Still have a problem with the order of the pictures.  I put the default to config to "position descending" but the smoke stacks are still showing in the reverse order.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 09:32:09 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: After installing 1.4.9
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 08:07:28 pm »

I don't understand a word. What's the actual question? How do local paths fit into this?

erika_conn

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 01:17:36 am »

What's not to understand?  My pictures show up ass backwards.

Why can't I get my photos to show up in their proper order even after I have gone through the trouble of upgrading to 1.4.9 and doing the "sort my pictures" thing.  If you looked at the previously post and clicked on the link to where the smoke stacks come tumbling down, you'd notice that the picture that should have come first, comes last.
What do I have to do to have them show up the way I want?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 12:22:57 pm »

What did you set in config for 'Default sort order for files'? It need to be by position to use the custom sort order.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 05:38:33 pm »

Thread not related to installing, so you shouldn't have posted it on the install board (which is meant for troubles during install, not after a successfull one), so I'm moving this thread accordingly. Subsequently, you should have chosen a better subject for your thread. After all you didn't even perform a fresh install, but an upgrade (upgrading issues should go into the sub-board that is labelled accordingly). However, your issue seems unrelated to upgrading as well.

What's not to understand?
This is what I didn't understand:
C:\Documents and Settings\Erika\My Documents\Shutterbug's Photo Gallery - Versioncheck.htm - I'm not sure if you can see this.
Not related to sorting!

In addition, I seem to have a new situation: I can't get into "user mode".
Not related to sorting. One issue per thread!

erika_conn

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 04:15:31 pm »

What did you set in config for 'Default sort order for files'? It need to be by position to use the custom sort order.

Position descending

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 04:19:45 pm »

If Position descending is backwards then switch to Position ascending.

erika_conn

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 04:27:25 pm »

If Position descending is back-wards then switch to Position ascending.
I'm so sorry.  I thought the only place to indicate that was in the config section.  That didn't work but then I noticed in the albums on the top right, the green square with all the + & - signs and it changed there.

Again, my apologies for having given you a hard time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.