Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do I need to upgrade bridge(Joomla) folder files: upgrading from 1.4.8 to 1.4.9?  (Read 3954 times)

taothai

• Coppermine newbie

Hi!

I'm running on cpg 1.4.8 with bridge to Joomla 1.0.11(latest). It works perfectly. Now that cpg 1.4.9 available I want to upgrade the gallery immediately. However, while inspecting bridge folder of cpg 1.4.9 I did not find Joomla.inc.php file while I found others like xoops, mambo, punbb, phpbb, etc.

My question is will it still work if I upgrade everything except this folder? I have no confidence to upgrade it unless I get a clear picture on this.

Thank you in advance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

cpg1.4.8 didn't come with a joomla bridge neither, you must be using the mambo bridge. Nothing will change when updating from cpg1.4.8 to cpg1.4.9, bridging-wise.
Do as suggested in the upgrading section of the docs: keep a backup of everything, so you could savely go back in case anything goes wrong.

taothai

• Coppermine newbie

cpg1.4.8 didn't come with a joomla bridge neither, you must be using the mambo bridge. Nothing will change when updating from cpg1.4.8 to cpg1.4.9, bridging-wise.
That's right, it is not part of the cpg core release but someone had added joomla bridge; and Indeed I'm running on Joomla 1.0.11. The bridge is posted in Joomla extensions website.

Do as suggested in the upgrading section of the docs: keep a backup of everything, so you could savely go back in case anything goes wrong.
That gives me much courage to go ahead.

Thanks alot for responding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 16 queries.