Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Numerous problems with my coppermine gallery  (Read 3796 times)

wwedivas

• Coppermine novice
    • WWE Divas
Numerous problems with my coppermine gallery
« on: September 14, 2006, 12:25:37 am »

Hey I have had several problems with my gallery that has really been frustrating me. I noticed when attempting to create a sitemap that there is at least one broken link on practially every page of my coppermine gallery. My gallery is located at http://www.wwedivaspictures.com/pics .. Just a word of caution.. There are no nude pictures, but some of the pictures are somewhat risque. Ok back to my coppermine issues. If you click on the 'My Favorites' link, you will see a 404 error page. I also noticed when creating a sitemap that many links to random pictures will be broken. How would I go about fixing this? Another issue I have is trying to to display images/files in more than one album. I'll assign a keyword to an album so that it can be linked to another album, but the images never show up in the other album. What is the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :) 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 12:28:11 pm by Nibbler »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Numerous problems with my coppermine gallery
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:27:05 am »

If you don't use SEO, do you still have problems?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

wwedivas

• Coppermine novice
    • WWE Divas
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 04:34:27 am »

What do u mean if I don't use SEO? What's Search Engine Optimization have to do with my coppermine gallery?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 06:39:39 am »

Turn the SEF_URL plugin off, using the plugin manager (that you used to turn it on in the first place as well).

wwedivas

• Coppermine novice
    • WWE Divas
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 10:37:53 am »

Ok I did that and I noticed that the 'My Favorites' Link works now :) Funny thing is that I was creating a sitemap for the past 12 hours and it still was crawling my site lol Hopefully now that I turned that plugin off there will be no more broken urls from my coppermine gallery. Now that this problem has hopefully been resolved, how can I have image files successfully displayed in more than one album? In the album properties I assigned keywords to different albums, but none of the files are displaying in other albums. How do I go about this? 

[edit] Ok well i think I have been going about the image linking all wrong. I was thinking that all I needed to do was simply assign a keyword to an album and images would automatically be linked to the album. I didn't realize that I have to assign a keyword to each individual image files as well. So that's what I have been doing.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:51:56 am by wwedivas »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 08:38:56 pm »

In the future, respect the "one question per thread" policy (you agreed to respect it when signing up). Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.