Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems, problems, problems.  (Read 2314 times)

Suaviterinmodo

• Coppermine novice
    • The Concrete Angel: Judith Barsi
Problems, problems, problems.
« on: September 13, 2006, 05:48:49 pm »

I've read the FAQ here, but I don't know where that ini file is to change all the settings. Where is the specific place to find it? I did not have the safe upload mode in the config file. Can I write it in? Where do I write it in? Everytime I try to upload a picture it is a broken image, yet when I type a url to my 1001 directory the image is there and is fine. When I tried to adjust the Config settings just now, it said I didn't have permission to view the page. I feel so stupid. Where do I change the memory and load time settings? Where specifically is the .ini file to do that? How come I don't have the silly safe mode in the config.php file and where do I need to put the code? I'm uploading the CPG 149 program again to my webhost because I don't know what else to do. My webhost is Shinjiru.com and MSQL database is for Windows XP with 50 MB, the most I could afford. My website is http://www.judithbarsi.com. They have GD 2. Someone please help me!!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 06:22:53 pm by GauGau »
"Only the gentle are ever really strong."
~James Dean

You can't always get what you want, but if you try, sometimes you just might find you get what you need!
~The Rolling Stones

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problems, problems, problems.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 06:10:17 pm »

When being webhosted, you probably can't edit nor access php.ini at all. It's a webserver configuration file that usually only can be edited by the webserver admin. We can't tell you where it resides, as the location may differ from server to server. If the server is yours to administer, you should know. If the server is not yours to administer, do as suggested in the sticky thread "Trouble-shooting the upload process." and ask your webhsot for support.
As this is not a thing within coppermine, you can't expect us to give you answers on it. Although you can use your car to drive to a pharmacy, you can't ask your car manufacturer for details on Aspirin. Well, you can, but it makes little sense ;).
Please use a better, descriptive subject next time you start a thread ::).

Suaviterinmodo

• Coppermine novice
    • The Concrete Angel: Judith Barsi
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 06:17:51 pm »

Okay, I'm sorry. I guess that explains my -1 karma score. :'(
"Only the gentle are ever really strong."
~James Dean

You can't always get what you want, but if you try, sometimes you just might find you get what you need!
~The Rolling Stones

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 06:21:51 pm »

No, it doesn't. At least it wasn't me who gave you negative karma for this thread. Must have been a result of your other ten postings. You get negative karma for not respecting board rules. I suggest not to clutter this thread with a meta discussion on karma though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.