Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Static Links to image pages independent of Sort type  (Read 3467 times)

Warlock82

• Coppermine newbie
Static Links to image pages independent of Sort type
« on: September 12, 2006, 11:45:24 pm »

I've searched these boards and havn't come across an answer to this.  Basically my problem is, say I'm sorting an album by File Name and another guy is sorting the same album by Title.  If I link to a picture in that album, and the other guy clicks the link, he will see a completely different image from the one I am seeing. 

Is there any way to change the links so that no matter what sort option a user is using, they will always see the same image? 

Maybe if the link url could use say, "?album=42&pos=1&sort=na" to indicate that this is the position in a name sort, or else use the image's direct link (though I'm not sure how this would affect the slideshow underneath the image).  Or really any solution would be appreciated. 

Nibbler

Re: Static Links to image pages independent of Sort type
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 11:49:38 pm »

Use the static url provided in the pic info section below each picture in the intermediate view.

Warlock82

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 11:53:45 pm »

Use the static url provided in the pic info section below each picture in the intermediate view.

My gallery doesn't display that information.  Is there any way to have the thumbnails just link to that static url?

Edit: This is the link to my gallery for reference:
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 07:10:19 am »

Check th attachment for Link (static url)
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Warlock82

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 06:19:20 pm »

No, I know that.  We just yesterday enabled it to get that url so we can try and find a solution (at the time I posted that it wasn't enabled).  But what I'm wanting is for the thumbnail links to use that url (or any url that will produce the same image every time).

I'd prefer not to show that information because it IMO clutters up the page (if ppl want to know filename, filesize and dimensions they can just do a right-click => properties on the gfx)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 06:33:18 pm »

But what I'm wanting is for the thumbnail links to use that url (or any url that will produce the same image every time).
Static URLs will be a feature in cpg1.5.x (which hasn't been released yet). Not available for cpg1.4.x.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.