Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG Bridge for e107 0.7x  (Read 522810 times)

v3

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
  • Another addict
    • sonic-world.ru
CPG Bridge for e107 0.7x
« on: September 12, 2006, 04:57:20 pm »

e107 is one of most popular freeware CMS. This plugin allows you to integrate CPG into it.

Tested with e107 0.75 and Coppermine 1.4.9.
You can use default coppermine themes, or use integrated e107 theme. Note it can conflict with your e107 theme (or css) and you'll got to fix it by yourself. Integrated theme is compatible with every default e107 theme except 'interfectus'.
(http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1743/e107cpg1rj9.th.gif) (http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5287/e107cpg2wt2.th.gif) (http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8820/e107cpg4ox5.th.gif) (http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9704/e107cpg3dc8.th.gif)

Q: I get an "Unable to connect to database ! MySQL Said" error.
A: It you get MySQL errors, try to turn register_globals off, because if it's on e107 unsets all globals.
This plugin can work with register_globals but i can't guarantee anything.

Q: I get an Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in <..>/include/init.inc.php on line 281
A: Just comment that line. Or turn register_globals off. You can uncomment it after upgrade.

HOW TO INSTALL IT?
1) Make sure you running e107 0.7x
2) Download the latest Coppermine package from http://coppermine-gallery.net/ . This plugin is tested with 1.4.9 version of Coppermine, but it should work with every 1.4.x version (NOT 1.3.x or lower).
3) Upload all files into yoursite.com/anyfolderthatllbecoppermine/
This folder SHOULD be e107 subfolder. I suppose it's impossible to make coppermine and e107 working together if they're in separate folders. At least with intregrated theme.
4) Install Coppermine as standalone gallery according to Coppermine manual.
5) Extract archive into Coppermine root folder.
6) Make sure that "coppermine_folder/include/config.inc.php" is writable! Chmod this file with 0777.
7) Use yourwebsite.com/coppermine_folder/bridgemgr.php
Now enable bridging. Then start 'Bridging wizard', choose ' your custom bridge file's name' and type 'e107' into textfield. Hit the 'next' button several times until installation is done.

Congratulations, now you have Coppermine integrated into e107 :)
Use yourwebsite.com/coppermine_folder/admin.php to manage settings, try to set 'e107' theme as default one. Refer to Coppermine manual for details.

Note that no links are created automaticly! You'll have to use e107 ACP to add it. Use yoursite.com/e107_admin/links.php .

If you want to add additional administrators, create a COPPERMINE_ADMIN usergroup for them.

You can see it working at http://sonic-world.ru/gallery/

--------------------
* MANUAL UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS (by mzeedijk, thanks for detail description :))

HOWTO: Upgrade your current 1.3.5 Plugin Package version to 1.4.9 including this bridge.

READ this first!!!!!!
Always make a backup of your database and your website before performing actions that changes filestructures and databases.
Also make sure that your current coppermine install of version 1.3.x is working correctly without too much problems.

Upgrade your current 1.3.5 version to 1.4.9 including this bridge.
- unpack the whole 1.4.9 directory stucture and its files in the coppermine_menu directory that is inside the e107_plugins directory
- Do not overwrite your album directory, include/config.inc.php, and anycontent.php files
(v3: actually, you can delete everything except albums/ directory and include/config.inc.php)
- remove the install.php file from the coppermine_menu folder.
- Delete all leftover, outdated language files in the lang folder that are named XXX-utf-8.php
- run the update.php by pointing your webbrowser to your website/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/update.php

Since the 1.3.5 plugin package didn't add an admin user you have to add them yourself by adding a user to your users table in mysql:
- INSERT INTO e107_CPG_users set user_name='admin', user_group='1', user_active='YES', user_password='password';
(v3: don't forget to change 'password' to something else during the query. :) Use PhpMyAdmin to add this value into your DB)
(remember to change the e107 prefix with the prefix you have choosen at e107 install time)

Now you have created an active admin user with username admin and password password.

Now the bridge part:
- Unzip the bridge to your coppermine root and overwrite any files with the same name.
- Point your webbrowser to your website/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/bridgemgr.php

You are now inside your old theme and it tries to log you on with the e107 user but since the bridge is not 100% fully working it cannot log you on. So logon with the local admin user we just created in the previous step.
- Click Logon (website/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/login.php) and logon using user admin and password password.
- You are now logged on and click continue to go to the Bridge Manager.
- Click Start Bridging Wizard
- Select the radio button at the bottom of which the description says: "your custom bridge file's name......"
- enter e107 into the box and click next.
- Click Next again.
- And click Next an other time.
- Now Enable your bridging by selcting the left radio button and click Finish.

GRATZ!!!!
Now you can access your coppermine gallery, because it has been upgraded from version 1.3.x to version 1.4.9.
You can delete the local admin user by deleting it using:
DELETE FROM e107_CPG_users WHERE user_name='admin';
(remember to change the e107 prefix with the prefix you have choosen at e107 install time)

But I say just keep it. It is always nice to have a local admin user for coppermine, just to reset some stuff.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 11:03:59 pm by GauGau »

wuschel_lux

• Translator
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • volleyball.lu - photo gallery & shop
Re: CPG Bridge for e107 0.7x
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 01:56:41 pm »

Hi v3,

first of all thanks for posting this bridge.

I'am using e107 (version 0.7.5) and the newes Coppermine Gallery (version 1.4.9). With your bridge it works fine with the integration.

But I found some errors while updating the settings in admin mode:

+ There are some points in the setting which are not stored like:
     - timezone
     - language

+ The language is selected by Browser/Computer settings ... On my laptop I got e german language file and on my PC e french language.

+ I'am missig the uplode file button in the coppermine menu

Best regards,
Francis

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 03:08:14 pm »

+ The language is selected by Browser/Computer settings ... On my laptop I got e german language file and on my PC e french language.
You're missing the point how Coppermine determines languages: this is expected behaviour and not related to bridging. Coppermine detects the language from the user's browser settings. Search the board for details.

+ I'am missig the uplode file button in the coppermine menu
I guess that you haven't set up coppermine correctly. Post a separate thread on the coppermine support board that deals with permissions, with links to your coppermine-driven page and a non-admin test user account. Additionally, you might want to attach a screenshot to your post that shows coppermine's groups panel.

gabcsi

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 01:14:27 am »

Sorry guys, but i have an error message after the finishing bridgemgr. In the include/config.inc.php is everythig OK.
Erro is....

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said:

v3

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
  • Another addict
    • sonic-world.ru
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 02:14:37 am »

+ There are some points in the setting which are not stored like:
     - timezone

Yeap, that's right. I'll realize it in future versions (soon).

Uploaded a new version (bugfixes), please update.

mopex

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 03:58:07 am »

v3

do we need to stop bridge and restart it for fixes to be enabled or is simply replacing file sufficient?
thanks

v3

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
  • Another addict
    • sonic-world.ru
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 03:59:57 am »

Just replace it

mopex

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 04:03:30 am »

excellent, thanks again

mzeedijk

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 12:34:09 am »

I am done testing. Tested 3 situations.

1 - Coppermine inside e107 directory structure. Works perfectly
2 - Coppermine outside e107 directory structure. Doesn't work because it cannot find the e107_config.pp file after bridging
3 - Coppermine upgrade from 1.3.5 to 1.4.9 including bridging. Works perfectly. User-becomming-admin-problem is fixed.

Thanx again V3.

v3

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
  • Another addict
    • sonic-world.ru
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 09:41:49 am »

e107 is using cookies for user authentification. If your e107 path is something like http://website.com/mye107/ it's good to set cookies path to /mye107/ for security reasons. But in that case, Coppermine installed to http://website.com/coppermine/ can't authentificate you as user. That's why i recommend installing it into subfolder.
In case coppermine is outside e107 directory - well, it can be done, but you'll need to set cookies path to root directory. You can try to set `CPG_bridge => relative_path_to_config_file` to "../mye107/" in PhpMyAdmin.
BTW, what about installation using different DBs (maybe even different MySQL servers)?

2 Coppermine Developers - when creating self-made bridge, additional options, such as "path to config file", can't be set without bridgemgr.php editing. Can you implement this? :)

v3

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
  • Another addict
    • sonic-world.ru
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 03:53:37 am »

Updated.
* Fixed issues with "MySQL said" errors (the problem was register_globals = on).
* Added some kind of installer :)

After a few tests, i suppose coppermine and e107 can't be in different folders. Use mod_rewrite if you need it so.

mousey

• Coppermine newbie
    • housetrucksnz
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 01:47:51 am »

Hi. great bridge  :)
I used to use coppermine as a standalone until I found this bridge for my e107 site and everything works bloddy marvelously...

...except for...

I have anon comments turned off for my site (because of spammers), but enabled for the gallery.

Now my site and gallery are bridged, you have to be logged in to post comments in the gallery even if anon posting is enabled in e107. Of course, my preference is to allow anonymous posting for the gallery.

Any suggestions on how I might be able to allow anon comments for the gallery again?  ???
thanks

(Coppermine is located in my plugins directory. site is www.stu.co.nz...)
Heres a dummy account to use to see what I mean...
Not logged in = no comment field displayed
Logged in = comment field displayed

dummy/dummy

v3

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
  • Another addict
    • sonic-world.ru
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 11:03:08 am »

Use /coppermine/groupmgr.php and allow comments for 'guests' group.
Just turned it on on my website. Then, additional input field for name appears, if you're unregistered. Comment was added.

mousey

• Coppermine newbie
    • housetrucksnz
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 01:47:33 am »

Of course...I'd not even thought of that. Thanks

testomat

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 12:07:49 pm »

After installing and calling bridgemgr.php, typing e107, i got following message:

"The bridge file bridge/e107.inc.php doesn't exist on the server. Check if you have actually uploaded it." In the bridge directory isn't the e107 file.

What did i do wrong with the installation?

Nibbler

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 11:09:54 pm »

Upload the bridge file into the bridge directory.

testomat

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 12:17:50 pm »

Where can i find the file or where can i download it ?

Nibbler

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 12:22:22 pm »

It's attached to the first post in the thread.

testomat

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2006, 12:25:01 pm »

Oh yes, thank you nibbler. I didn't see it ;D
I will try it.

Thank you so far.

Anto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 10:34:02 pm »

Thanks to v3 for the coppermine bridge for e107. It works really great!

I have one difficulty though. I restricted only the registered users who are able view my gallery. Because of that users have to login twice. First to e107 and second to coppermine.

Does anybody know the workaround so users only need to login once (to e107) and can view the gallery? How to pass the login from e107 to coppermine?

I suppose we can just synchronise the users table on e107 and coppermine via TRIGGER on MySQL. But I am not sure if this is a good solution.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

Cheers,
Anto
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 29 queries.