Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images don't display - only 'ALT Text'  (Read 2546 times)

Moriarty

• Coppermine newbie
Images don't display - only 'ALT Text'
« on: September 09, 2006, 07:25:44 pm »

Hi

I'm new at this but I've spent several hours looking here for a solution without success..

Please look at www.gallery.dgpixels.com   user tester pwd tester1.  Debugging display is enabled.

My problem is that there are no images displayed.  Neither photos nor Smilies etc.  The correct bounding box initially shows but the thumbnail/image does not fill it - showing a line of text instead.

As far as I can tell all relevant directories are set to 777 and I have checked by FTP that the thumbnails and normal images are formed and in the gallery/album/upload or gallery/album/userpics/10001 directories depending whether File upload or Bulk upload was performed.

Flags, smilies etc are in the gallery/images/flags and gallery/images/smiles directories.

When I do Bulk upload I can see thumbnails on the page where uploaded images are assigned to the album - but after assigning to the album no images can be seen.

gallery/ is the subdomain of my main site that I want the gallery in.

The odd thing is that if I install the Coppermine Gallery in the Domain root it works for file upload ok.

I welcome any suggestions to solve this....

thanks in advance

David
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 07:48:23 pm by GauGau »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Images don't display - only 'ALT Text'
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 07:34:40 pm »

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /albums/uploads/90_mile_beach.JPG on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

that's what I get when I try to access a pic on your server -> allow image access from the web (I'd say you've setup a to restrictive hotlink protection)

Moriarty

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Images don't display - only 'ALT Text'
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 07:46:59 pm »

....(I'd say you've setup a to restrictive hotlink protection)

Thats exactly what it was...  the default for my web hoster is to protect subdomains by default.  I lifted the protection and -- voila.   :)

Thanks Stramm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.