Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: added 4 fields to user table-works for sign-up, not edit  (Read 3319 times)

bethg

• Coppermine newbie
added 4 fields to user table-works for sign-up, not edit
« on: February 03, 2004, 10:06:55 pm »

I also edited 3 existing fields. I still need to change usermgr.php, but got stuck. I changed my english.php, register.php, profile.php-here's where I'm stuck. User can input into database, but user can't edit profile. I'm not able to find my error,and was looking for a hint at what I missed or mis-typed.
I get simply "There was an error while processing a database query "

Any suggestions? I'm a newbie, so if I've missed a tutorial, please advise.  
Thanks!
Bethg

Nibbler

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 10:17:56 pm »

If you turn on debug mode from the config you will get more useful error messages. Also it is very hard to help debug code we cant see.

bethg

• Coppermine newbie
Thanks! all fixed- forgot I could do that!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 11:54:46 pm »

:oops:
simple missing comma.
Is it common to modify Coppermine in such a way? If so, then maybe I can get some advise. Are there reasons these changes would cause problems? Are there any more files that need changing?

Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 11:58:12 pm »

switch on debug_mode in coppermine config (at the very bottom of the page) and you'll see in-detail info what query caused the error - this will help you find out what line of code of your modifications caused the crash...

GauGau

[edit]
I just found out that this thread had been double-posted. I had replied to one and the other posters to the other. After I discovered the double-posting I merged the two threads and deleted the double post, that's why my answer is a bit "late".
Please make sure not to double-post in the future, as it costs extra time and moderation effort to keep track of such issues! :evil:
[/edit]

bethg

• Coppermine newbie
Thank you both...another question?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 01:11:29 am »

Sorry-double post was not intentional-having serious troubles connecting here-things keep locking up on my end.
Thanks so much for your help.

Another question... If I would want to integrate phpbb at a later date, I'm assuming that I'll have to change the board user table to reflet the changes I've implemented to the coppermine user database, then add the changes for the log-in/out issue that you wrote about.  I have not used phpbb, but have tested it briefly and was thinking about it. I know that you're not responsible to support such things, do you know if it is possible to (assuming I'd have to) change their user table in the same way?

omniscientdeveloper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 12:36:36 pm »

*shakes no-no finger*

Only one topic per thread.  :?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.