Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Secondary admin group not recognized as such in bridge with IPB  (Read 7289 times)

-Zverik-

• Coppermine newbie
Secondary admin group not recognized as such in bridge with IPB
« on: September 07, 2006, 04:03:32 am »

I'm using IPB 2.1.5 and latest Coppermine 1.4.9.
The problem is in subj. "Secondary admin group not recognized as such in bridge with IPB"

I found a corresponding topic in a bug board.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=35447

However the solution does not work for 1.4.9.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 11:45:14 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Secondary admin group not recognized as such in bridge with IPB
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 04:07:56 am »

This is not related imo. The bug board posting you refer to relates to the fact that the user interface of coppermine allows (on an unbridged setup) to  assign a non-default group as primary and the registered group as secondary group. You, however, appear to have another issue, as the group IDs from your BBS seem not to be carried over to coppermine correctly.

-Zverik-

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 04:13:26 am »

Thank you for replying.

Hm. I must've not been reading that post carefully.

Yes, you are correct; after bridging, the root admin group and users and guests work fine, the group I'm currently using is a non-root group (its just using an admin mask).

Any solutions? Thnx  :P :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 04:33:14 am »

What's an admin mask? You have to understand that I'm not familiar with the individual permission setup of your BBS. If group membership is being determined by some other mechanism than membership in a particular group and subsequently a group ID entry existing in the database, then coppermine will choke on that "special" permission. This has been the case for some phpBB hacks that I'm aware of - they used to have additional "flags" that granted special powers to users. This will not be recognized by coppermine.

-Zverik-

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 04:52:43 am »

IPB has an interesting feature.. you could create custom masts with different forum permissions and even full and complete admin panel access. (And respectively a user could be granted these 'special powers')

In my case I am using standard admin mask (the one that was created when installing forum and the ones root admins use) on myself. This way I am able to have a different group name and still have full control of the board.
(I don't think an IPB could have 2 root admin groups, the group ID's are hardcoded in a config file.)
(yea, it'll require some special mod for ipb.. since there could be only 1...)

mm.. could you point where in Coppermine it determines the id's of a "root group" ? Will it be possible to put commas (like 4,10) or smnth? :0)
Since it seems I'm the only one that has this issue, I guess no one will want to do any hacks and such. So if it will be hard to code, that's ok.

eh....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 05:21:08 am »

You'll have to edit the code in the ipb bridge file for your custom hack. Not sure how those special powers using the "mask" are actually coded. Maybe you won't be able to make those special powers stick in coppermine at all, if the design discrepanies are to big. Can't recommend anything else, except reviewing the idea to use the non-standard feature in IPB.

-Zverik-

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 05:56:13 am »

Ok.

Thank you for the prompt reply!
ur great =)

-beer!

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 12:26:50 pm »

If it's based on groups then you can specify using $this->admingroups() in the bridge file. It is a comma seperated list of groups that should be assigned admin rights within Coppermine.

-Zverik-

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 11:29:00 pm »

THANK YOU SO MUCH, NIBBLER!!!  ;D ;D ;D :)

This solved my problem and I'm very happy!!! =))
You made my day! ))))

Ok, now for the solution for IPB 2.x.x:
(in a case somebody else needs this)

In forum/conf_global.php
Add:
Code: [Select]
$INFO['special_group'] = '10';
(Number 10 is my secondary admin group. You could get you group ID by going to admin cp, control(first tab on top on the right) => Users and members -> Group Control. (I can't tell the exact names in English since my admincp is in Russian :0). When you do get to the group control and management, the link will be
"http://yoursite/forum/index.php?act=Members&max_results=30&filter=10&sort_order=asc&sort_key=members_display_name&st=0", number 10 is your desired group number.)

Then
In coppermine/bridge/invisionboard20.inc.php
Find

$this->admingroups = array($INFO['admin_group']);
and change it to
$this->admingroups = array($INFO['admin_group'],$INFO['special_group']);
After, re-run bridge manager over again, so you'll import all the settings anew.

and You're Done.  :)

Thanks once again to the staff!

lawless314

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 07:09:12 am »

How would you do this for non-admin groups?  I have the same problem as you, except that I am trying to get secondary groups to transfer over for the sake of private albums (so that a member of a group ranked above another can still see the other's albums).  But I certainly don't want them to have admin capabilities...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 07:16:12 am by lawless314 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.