Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rin - Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 1.5  (Read 25057 times)

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Rin - Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 1.5
« on: September 06, 2006, 03:03:20 am »

Hi All,

Here is the Rin theme that I've ported from a WordPress theme designed by Khaled Abou Alfa and Joshua - http://www.brokenkode.com/manji. Rin won the "Plain Ol’ Poobah" award in the 2005 WordPress theme competition - http://www.alexking.org/software/wordpress/themes/blog/. If you're interested in starting (or have a blog) and want to integerate Coppermine to it then check this out.

Now for the technical stuff. In order to handle the width of some of the Configuration items (groups, users, ecards) in the main table, a scroll bar is needed but hidden for all other uses in the theme if the following criteria are met. To prevent the scroll bar from being visible in the gallery, it's best to use 4 columns for thumbnails (Config => Thumbnail view => Number of columns on thumbnail page = 4) and 4 items in the film strip (Config => Image view => Number of items in film strip = 4). The default thumbnail size of 100 pixels is also recommended (Config => Files and thumnails settings => Max dimension of a thumbnail ** = 100). Most generally everyone has these set by the defaults and therefore should have no problem.

Also, this theme is really geared towards intermediate photos sizes of less than 480 pixels and since the default in Coppermine is 400, it works great but if you try to go above 480 or so, you will get the scroll bar as when viewing the Coppermine demo. This setting is in Config => Files and thumbnails settings => Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video ** = 400 (default). The popup size can be any size though.

Please enjoy the theme and make all the changes you need to suit your gallery.

Cheers,

Billy  :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 01:56:37 am by GauGau »
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Rin - Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 1.5
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 06:15:39 am »

That's another pretty. I strongly suggest reading the caveats Gizmo posted, especially about intermediate-sized pics. If you plan to allow larger intermediate-sized pics, you shouldn't run this theme.

Demo - Download

[Edit GauGau 2009-04-01] Updated download link to point to the most recent theme package [/Edit]
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:03:32 pm by Joachim Müller »

aspirin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 10:39:30 pm »

Helo,

I use the Rin Theme for my Wordpress and Coppermine.

There is only a little problem in the Rin Theme for Coppermine !

With the IE Browser looks like this.

[Edit GauGau]
Hotlinked external pic removed, replaced with file in attachment, to avoid the thread becoming useless when the hotlinked pic goes down eventually.
[/Edit]

And with the Firefox Browser looks like this.

[Edit GauGau]
Hotlinked external pic removed, replaced with file in attachment, to avoid the thread becoming useless when the hotlinked pic goes down eventually.
[/Edit]

Where can i change the Table size for the Slideshow (intermediat Thumb)  ???

Please help me !
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 07:32:38 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 07:38:11 am »

Your content is too wide for your this theme. Either expand the content area (reducing the whitespace at the left and right margin) or reduce the width of your content. A link is more helpfull than a screenshot, actual deep link is http://wordpress.tihass.de/galerie/displayimage.php?pos=-4

CobaltCat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 05:29:51 am »

I am using the Rin template and like it a lot, but I am having a problem when logged in as admin.

In Firefox, the logout link appears in the masthead area, on the masthead image, but in IE7, it doesn't appear at all and I can't log out. This is not good.

What can I do to move this to a usable area?

Thanks!

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 03:32:36 pm »

Are you running IE7? I just checked and once again IE7 manages to screw things up (in more ways than this issue). I'll fix this and post a new version so please give me a couple of days to complete the work and test it.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.

CobaltCat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 01:46:15 am »

I kinda sorta fixed it - took the h1 tag off. It at least shows up on the top nav bar now, in both browsers, but I'll download the fixed file when it's ready.

Thanks!

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 01:58:03 am »

Hi All,

I've updated and refreshed this beautiful theme with some of the other functions and layouts I've been using on the other ported Wordpress themes I've done. I think this refreshment really makes the layout cleaner looking so I hope you like the results.

I've overwritten some of the configuration settings by using variables in the theme.php file and added a new variable for retrieving the album description. The reason for this is to prevent the standard settings in the Configuration tables set by you from "breaking" the theme. If you wish to change these settings, do so here or delete them altogether and use the Configuration Manager in Coppermine. These changes are:

// These parameters overide what the user inputs in the Configuration setup to prevent the theme from breaking.
$CONFIG['max_film_strip_items'] = 5; //overrides the number of thumbnails.
$CONFIG['thumbcols'] = 4; //overrides the number of columns for thumbnails.
$CONFIG['main_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the main table (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['picture_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the table for file display (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['album_list_cols'] = 2; // sets "Number of columns for the album list = 3"
$CONFIG['first_level'] = 0; //sets "Show first level album thumbnails in categories = no".
$album_desc = get_album_desc($_GET[album]);

This theme has the first level of album thumbnails turned off to make large galleries look move attractive. This will prevent the main page from being cluttered with thumbnails and easier to chose a particular category. There is also a new function for truncating the album descriptions when viewing on the index or category pages. When you view a single album, the full description is printed out at the top of the album. This makes the index and category pages much cleaner looking. I've also adapted it to truncate long image captions when viewing on a thumbnail page but prints the full caption when viewing the intermediate image.

To edit the number of characters in the truncated album description, find in 2 places in the theme.php file - '{ALB_DESC}' => myTruncate($album['album_desc'], 20, " "), and change the number (20) to any length your desire. You can also change the padding characters (...) to any other set of characters by editing function myTruncate($string, $limit, $break=".", $pad="...") in the theme.php file.

To edit the number of characters in the truncated image caption, find in 2 places in the theme.php file - '{CAPTION}' => myTruncate($caption, 120, " "), // changing the number changes the # of characters printed for the thumbnail caption. and change the number (120) to an length you desire. This number doesn't seem to be match the string length but it is consistant so change it and view the results.

I've also adapted the compute_img_size($width, $height, $max) function to manage the size of the intermediate image. As in some cases (example would be the Coppermine demo page), some galleries have intermediate images of different sizes. This function was changed and added to the theme.php to make view all intermediate images at 400px wide. This function is now compute_img_size_max($width, $height) and you can change the view size by editing $max = 400;. If you have intermediate images smaller than 400px wide then this function will increase the image size when viewing which could result in a distorted image. Since the default size in Coppermine is "400", this should not be a problem unless you've decreased it. This setting in the theme.php file does not affect the setting in your Coppermine configuration but only resizes the images in the browser.

I've also fixed the admin and user menus when logged in and added a blue border around the thumbnails.

I've tested this theme without issue on FireFox 3.0.1 (Mac & PC), Safari 3.1.2 and IE 7.0.5.X (PC). Sorry I do not have IE 6.X on my PC and will not test this browser version. As always let me know here if you encounter any problems.

Please enjoy the theme and make all the changes you need to suit your gallery but please leave the credits in the template.html file and license notices in the other files as they are required by the GLP license.

Cheers,

Billy
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 02:08:01 am by Gizmo »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 07:51:00 am »

Thanks for the contribution. Download counter for the previous version used to be 9027 when I overwrote the file with the newer version (which makes the download counter start from scratch). Pretty impressive!
I have updated my above posting as usual to reflect the new filename and download link, and of course I have upgraded the demo as well.

Cheers

Joachim

laurie1681

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 08:53:48 am »

please delete

« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:00:20 am by laurie1681 »

laurie1681

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 09:13:59 am »

First of all, big thanks for this great theme.

I have a question, i enlarged the main body it fits better but now i would like to have 2 columns for the categories listing but i can't find a way to do it because it is different from the other themes.

which is the code to have 2 columns on the main page?

thanks a lot in advance

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 10:06:36 am »

Start a thread of your own for your individual issues, doing exactly as suggested in the board rules thread.

laurie1681

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 01:01:45 pm »

yes but it is relative to this theme, so i don't understand why?

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 02:07:36 pm »

This is an annoucement thread, as it, shouldn't be cluttered by individual issues like yours.

That's why (as suggested in sticky's) we gently ask you start your own thread.

Thanks,
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

iFritz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 04:07:14 pm »

Hi,

how can i change this theme, to see the album list(with thumbs etc.) on the main page?
Cause now, i can see them only if i click on a category..

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 04:23:54 pm »

Start a thread of your own for your individual issues, doing exactly as suggested in the board rules thread.

This is an annoucement thread, as it, shouldn't be cluttered by individual issues like yours.

That's why (as suggested in sticky's) we gently ask you start your own thread.

Thanks,
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.