Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie not playing... at all  (Read 2705 times)

mofro

• Coppermine newbie
Movie not playing... at all
« on: September 06, 2006, 04:05:45 pm »

I guess this is the correct forum for this. Most other movie items I searched on fell into various forums. Miscellaneous sounds correct! ;)

Anyway, I am running 1.4.9 in a WIMP config with gd2. Everything on my site seems to work fine with the exception of videos. They upload correctly, show size and all just as they should, but never play. I mean NOTHING happens. I have tried several different extensions (.avi, .mpg, .wmv) and every single one just sits there at a black screen. I have tried both the batch upload and HTTP upload. I can view the movies fine (outside of Coppermine) on any machine but they do not play in Coppermine. I do not believe it to be a codec issue. I have also played the movies just fine on base machines with no codecs installed, but there again it does not render in Coppermine.

I do not believe this to be a Coppermine issue (if it was, then I am sure there would be many more complaints than mine), but was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. All I can find regarding videos in the documentation is editing, creating thumbnails and allowing all or excluding certain file types. From what I have read in other posts, it should be a simple upload/play.

These files are in the same directory as my other albums and have the same permissions.

Thanks in advance for any assistance
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 05:45:50 pm by GauGau »

mofro

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Movie not playing... at all
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 04:14:09 pm »

Well... you can ignore this post for a while. I tested in friggin firefox and it works fine. Back to the drawing board.

Of course unless someone knows right off hand why a video would play in firefox and not IE?

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 04:16:01 pm »

Probably caused by a regression bug in 1.4.9 http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=31291.0

mofro

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 04:32:52 pm »

Thanks, Nibbler. That looks like the issue. I read the post, just not far enough down. I ASSumed it was a browser related issue and moved on.

Thanks again,

Mo
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.