Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't receive email notifications, either for the user nor for the admin  (Read 5034 times)

cristele

• Coppermine newbie

Hi there, I tried to register a new user but although everything seems to go smoothly, I never receive the emails, nor from my new user box nor from my admin box.
Any idea?
My gallery is here:
www.orighinami.com/Galleries
(sorry for the background color i know it makes it hard to read)

Precision: I checked the "lost password" function and with this one, my user did receive an email to proceed to a new password, and then the message with the new password. Any idea what could go wrong with the registration part?

cheers

cristele
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 05:59:16 pm by cristele »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can't receive email notifications, either for the user nor for the admin
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 01:06:04 pm »

This proves that your server has got the power to send emails in the first place, so you have to check why one email gets delivered and the other doesn't. Alas, there can be many reasons for an email to get dropped: maybe the recipeint's mail server doesn't accept emails from you, or the email got caught inside a spam blocker mechanism.

You should upgrade to the most recent stable (currently cpg1.4.9) - not sure if this is going to fix your issue, but it will definitely fix some issues.

cristele

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:08:16 pm »

Ok, I'll try to upgrade. The thing is, I rewrote/simplified the login.php and registration.php and I'm afraid to upgrade since i dont know if the (original) files were modified in 1.4.9. and if my stuff will still be compatible? I didnt really *change* things around, more like, simplified those files and adding one or 2 buttons (like a "back button", for example)....is there a list of modified files for 1.4.9 for me to check if I'm still up to date with my changes?

thanks for your help!

cristele

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 06:54:20 am »

There is a changelog that comes with the package, however it won't help you much. It's one of the drawbacks when customizing your site: you have to re-apply your changes. Use a diff viewer to find out what you changed by comparing your version with a vanilla copy of your version. Note the changes, upgrade as suggested in the docs, then re-apply your changes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.