Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make this my icon function - privacy query  (Read 2921 times)

ramcas

• Coppermine newbie
Make this my icon function - privacy query
« on: September 05, 2006, 12:14:36 pm »

I have installed CPG1.4.9 and all seems to be working fine however I have noticed something that I'm hoping someone can clarify for me:

I have a user who wishes to have all his photo albums set such that only a certain group can see them. This he has done and works fine.
In addition, as all his albums are private, he does not wish for his username to appear when members not in the allowed group navigate to the "User Galleries" category.

This was the case, that is, unless you were a member of the private group, when clicking on user galleries, you could not see that username, until he selected one of his images to be his user icon (using the "make this my icon" functionality).

Since selecting one of the images as his icon, his username and the selected icon now appear to all users including when no one is signed in at all when they navigate to the user galleries category. Under the icon it notes that there is 1 album with 1 file also.

I thought that as all his albums are private the icon would not appear, but now I can't make it go away. I have tried to uncheck the "make this my icon" box in the file properties but it wont allow me to (when I apply the modification the refreshed screen shows the box ticked again). All I seem to be able to do is to select an alternative icon.

Is this the way it is supposed to work? My personal preference would be for it to work as I wished it to of course!  :)

If this is the way it works, is there a way of going back to the point before he selected one of the images as his icon, as at that time no icon or his username was displayed?

I am not very technical, but I can edit files in notepad should the solution require this! :)

Hope someone can help - Coppermine is fantastic by the way - keep it up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.