Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with vertical images in batch-add  (Read 2549 times)

Lurks

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with vertical images in batch-add
« on: September 11, 2006, 05:25:53 pm »

Hello there,

To get around the fact that Coppermine doesn't auto rotate vertical images, I used Photoshop Album to batch resizes my images and uto rotate them. So it means I have original source images which are either 1024x768 or 1024x1364.

Unfortunately when I batch add the images, only the 1024x768 images are added. On Coppermine 1.3.2, I got a broken image instead of the 'OK' for those. Clicking on the broken image gives me internal server error. I upgraded to 1.49, in the hope this might fix something, but the error persists and now I get "click for details or to reload". Again an Internal Server Error if I click on the link.

The size of the images in vertical are way under the limit. I can't see a reason why it should not work. Any clues gratefully received.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 06:19:56 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Problem with vertical images in batch-add
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 05:27:37 pm »

The larger images are probably too large to be manipulated on the webserver. Try using IM or increasing your memory_limit.

Lurks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 05:30:05 pm »

I forgot to add that. PHP Version 4.3.10 and it's set on 8MB of script memory. Based on one of the FAQs I read, that ought to be sufficient for 1280x1364 surely?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 05:34:35 pm »

I doubt it. If you have the ability to change the setting then increase it until it works. If you don't then try using imagemagick. If you don't have that then you'll need to resize manually prior to upload.

Search the board for more in-depth discussions of memory requirements.

Lurks

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 05:36:43 pm »

As a test I tried an image scaled down 50% but with the same vertical aspect and sure enough it uploaded. Righty oh, the web admin is a pal 'o mine so I'll see if I can't get the number increased in php.ini.

Many thanks for the lightning response, you are the man!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.