Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos aren't deleting from server  (Read 2470 times)

realeyz

• Coppermine newbie
Photos aren't deleting from server
« on: September 03, 2006, 10:14:32 pm »

I have tried deleting photos globally for an album as well as individually and it works fine as far as no longer seeing them in the coppermine interface, but when I ftp in to the server the files are still there. Now I know I can delete them permanently via ftp, but this could get very complicated and time consuming with large databases - luckily I am still in experimentation mode.  So what gives?  Why arent these files deleting? ???

- todd

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Photos aren't deleting from server
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:51:52 pm »

What version of Coppermine are you running?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

realeyz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 06:01:54 am »

I'm using 1.4.8

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 06:44:46 am »

Using the coppermine interface to delete files should delete both the database records as well as the actual files on your webspace. If it doesn't for you, make sure that the script actually has rwx permissions on the folder the files reside in. When deleting the files, you should get a screen like the one I attached, with green buttons in all columns. If one (or more) are red, the script could not delete the file due to permissions.

Joachim

realeyz

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 09:46:15 am »

OK I did a bunch of tests of the many different methods of deleting files...

When I delete a file from the "Update Album" dialog it deletes it successfully from database but not from server.  There is no dialog box as shown in your post.

When I delete a file from the "Edit File" dialog it successfully deletes from both database AND the server, but there is no dialog box shown in your post.

When I delete a file from the Single Image view page it deletes successfully from database AND server as well as showing the dialog box you show in your post.

When I try to delete the primary files using the admin tools it tells me its replacing the original files with the intermediate files but the originals don't get deleted from server. A message is shown "The file albums/userpics/10001/normal_IM000187.jpg was successfully used as main file" for each file in the album chosen.

The permissions are set to 777 on all the folders.

Does this help?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.