Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sanity check for dcforum+ bridge  (Read 9953 times)

dprusak

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
Sanity check for dcforum+ bridge
« on: September 03, 2006, 09:08:56 am »

Hi all,

I've just created a bridge for dcforum+, but before I use it on my site, I'd like to have a pro bridge coder take a peek at it for any problem I could introduce.

It seems to work well.  Just like to get a second eye on it.

I can't post to the bridge forum, so I thought this was the second best place.

Should I upload here?

--David
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 03:50:43 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Sanity check for dcforum+ bridge
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 11:04:33 am »

Should I upload here?
You're welcome to attach your custom bridge file to this thread (using "additional options" when composing your message). However, none of the devs knows nor uses the app you're bridging with (DCForum+), so I doubt that devs will look into this, since the app you're bridging with is not avavilable for free. Others (members of your community) may be happy to do the testing though. A moderator will move this thread if applicable.

I can't post to the bridge forum, so I thought this was the second best place.
From the board description of the Modifications/Add-Ons/Hacks sub-board:
The Modifications/Add-Ons/Hacks board is for actual mods and hacks contributions. It is not for requests for mods and hacks. Regular users are not able to post new threads to prevent this board from being cluttered by requests. If you want to contribute and are unable to create a new thread here, please post your contribution in the support boards under the correct version. A moderator will move the thread if it is a valid contribution. Next to each thread's subject, you'll find a little icon that says what version the mods on this sub-board have been written for or tested with (if applicable). Please do not clutter the individual threads by asking if the particular mod will or will not work with another coppermine version than the one it has originally been created with/for.
Subsequently, your thread should have gone into the support board that deals with your coppermine version. Doesn't matter though, just do as suggested above, as a moderator will move accordingly. You should post what version of coppermine your bridge file is suppossed to be used with.

I've just created a bridge for dcforum+
As suggested: tests can/should be performed by the community you're trying to come up a solution for. I suggest posting your bridge file and then announcing it on the support board of DCForums+ (which appears to be down right now).

dprusak

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
Re: Sanity check for dcforum+ bridge
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 03:47:44 am »

Here is the bridge file.  It looks like it's working.  The only thing I couldn't seem to get working was setting the admin attribute in the groups file.  I had to hand edit that in the database.  This version was (And still being) tested with CPG 1.4.9.

I spoke to David Choi at DCScripts.

He responded:

"David,

You can give them the DCF+ Package.
I'm seriously considering open sourcing it...

David"

If you want to verify this email, feel free to email him (His email is on his site).

--David
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.