Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation-related created images in the "image directory"???  (Read 2623 times)

cgc0202

• Coppermine frequent poster
Installation-related created images in the "image directory"???
« on: September 02, 2006, 04:49:30 pm »

Hi,

I never checked the contents of each directory after installation, before.  However, since I am in the process of upgrading from cpg1.4.8 -> cpg1.4.9, I notices discrepancies in the number of files, in certain directories, in this case, it was quite noticeable in the "images" directory. The "uninstalled" CPG (cpg1.4.8 & cpg1.4.9) has 89 files  and folders in the  "images" directory.  In the one that I was upgrading, there were 120 files, including such new files like "t_audio.jpg", "t_movie.jpg"... 31 such files in the "images" directory.

I found these additional 31 files in all CPGs that were properly installed but not in those CPGs that I just uploaded.  Obviously, I did not find them in my own computer, so they must be installation-related files. 

I am aware that there are other files created in other directories, after the installation.  I just wanted to confirm that those additional 31 files in the "images" directory were also created as a part of the installation.

Thanks.

CGC
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 06:31:14 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Installation-related created images in the "image directory"???
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 05:31:43 pm »

Not during installation, but they can be during an update. The script will notice if you have a non-standard thumb prefix and rename the default thumbnail icons accordingly.

cgc0202

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 06:22:25 pm »

Not during installation, but they can be during an update. The script will notice if you have a non-standard thumb prefix and rename the default thumbnail icons accordingly.

Thanks for clarifying Nibbler,

I do have non-standard prefix (t & n, instead of thumbs, and normal).  It created 31 new images, all prefixed with a "t-", I did not find any new images prefixed with "n-".  Maybe because the latter are not used in the usual presentation, except in the slide show.

All my new installations require an "update" because I have to integrate "Stramm's mod" also. 

Thanks again.

CGC

P.S.
Update: After I updated from 1.4.8 -> 1.4.9; the previous modification of the jpg, e.g.,  "t_audio.jpg". "t_avi.jpg", etc., from the previous update were still there.  As a consequence, the jpg files ("thumb_audio.jpg", "thumb_avi.jpg", etc.), added through the new 1.4.9 remained as they are, ie.g., "thumb_audio.jpg", "thumb_avi.jpg", etc., because the system recognizes the presence of the revised "t-" format of these (from prior upgrade).  Is it safe to remove these old format, i.e., "thumb_audio.jpg", etc.?  There is no need to add bloat in the software.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 11:22:46 pm by cgc0202 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 10:16:02 am »

It created 31 new images, all prefixed with a "t-", I did not find any new images prefixed with "n-". 
Nobody said that new files prefixed with your custom intermediate prefix would be created during upgrade, and there would be no point in it anyway, since normal (intermediate) files are only being created for image files, not for non-image files. However, only non-image files have a generic thumbnail.

Bottom line: it's not recommended to change the prefix if you have no idea what impact this has. Don't worry about additional files, it's fine to have them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.