Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tracking downloaded images ??  (Read 2535 times)

ir803

• Coppermine regular visitor
tracking downloaded images ??
« on: August 30, 2006, 11:59:40 pm »

Don't know if I am in the correct section for this question but here goes anyway.
I would like to make the albums on my site private except for registered users who can download images once logged in, BUT....I want to be able to log or record which pictures are downloaded and by who i.e which user. Is this possible??
if so is there a way of allowing people to download images without just right clicking on them??

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: tracking downloaded images ??
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 05:37:28 am »

I would like to make the albums on my site private except for registered users who can download images once logged in,
->Allow unlogged users (guest or anonymous) access

I want to be able to log or record which pictures are downloaded and by who i.e which user. Is this possible??
Out of the box, Coppermine doesn't keep track of such downloads, only views (hits). If this is not enough for you, you'll have to come up with a custom counter of your own.

if so is there a way of allowing people to download images without just right clicking on them??
->Modification to create image download link

ks

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 09:28:56 am »

Hi,

I'm currently working on a plugin that does that and a little more. You may try the attached version. The plugin is also able to secure the fullsize images on the file system level (ftp/chmod). At the moment all registered users are allowed to download. Did I say its an early beta?

good luck

klaus

ir803

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 05:35:05 pm »

Hey KS, that sounds good, the kind of thing I'm looking for is so registered users have acces to the full size images and when they download them I either get an email to who had what or a log I can check at the end of the day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.