Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to integrate with my site  (Read 2915 times)

Viktor

• Coppermine newbie
How to integrate with my site
« on: February 02, 2004, 04:59:43 pm »

How do i integrate this with my site all i want is the screenshots table to appear in my site so visitors do not have to go directly to the gallery to get the screenshots if that makes any sense?

I dont want everything else like the navbars and title.
My site is here http://ff.rpghideout.com and my gallery is here http://gallery.rpghideout.com

I just dont wanna send guests to my gallery directly i wann import the screenshots into my layout and add a link maybe to the page so they can get to the gallery if they so choose.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 06:13:30 pm »

Hi Viktor,

This can be easily done.

First, open themes/your_theme/template.html.

delete;
Code: [Select]
<h1>{GAL_NAME}</h1>
                                        <h3>{GAL_DESCRIPTION}</h3><br />
                                        {MAIN_MENU}

Now open themes/your_theme/theme.php.

Find the code starting 'EOT;
// HTML template for user admin menu', here shown for the default theme;

Code: [Select]
EOT;
// HTML template for user admin menu
$template_user_admin_menu = <<<EOT

<div align="left">
                <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1">
                        <tr>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="albmgr.php" title="">{ALBMGR_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="modifyalb.php" title="">{MODIFYALB_LNK}</a></td>
                                <td class="admin_menu"><a href="profile.php?op=edit_profile" title="">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a></td>
                        </tr>
                </table>
                </div>

delete all to and including the </div>.

Now, your visitors will only see the gallery itself, no menus.
You will see the admin menu.

Note; if you become logged out, or switched to user mode, you will not be able to log back in using this page, so I suggest you only do this for the one theme (I see you are using project IIV).  Leave the default theme in place (or put it back if you have not uploaded it), and if you become logged out, you will be able to get to the menus by typing "?theme='default'" after the index.php in the url.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Viktor

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 08:29:36 pm »

Well its not that i wanna get rid of menus i just wanna import the gallery without the menus into my main site. I use php for my site and want to put the galery into the content box but it is too large and messes up my layout.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 12:10:04 am »

That's simply not the way coppermine works. You can customize your coppermine theme to match to overall look and feel of your site. There are several good examples of user who have managed to do this on this thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=34
You'll have to modify theme.php, template.html and style.css in a theme folder of your coice to accomplish this, refer to http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/demo/docs/index.htm#creating

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.