Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install does nothing  (Read 4189 times)

rnapen

• Coppermine newbie
Install does nothing
« on: February 02, 2004, 02:19:46 am »

Hello, did not find similar problem on list hope I did not miss it.

I downloaded the latest from sourceforege 1.2.1, unpacked and put into web root.
CHMOD to 777 all files for testsing.
Run install.php, and fill in the appropriate fields click on LETS GO and I get the coppermine logo displayed and nothing more. Check databaset and no new tables have been created nothging has happened. :(
Created the config file manually and still no go, what am I missing here? Install instructions are so simple!

running fedora core 1 and MYSQL version 3.23.58
MYSQL permmission wide open for testing. I am running several PHP powered scripts on my site but they are using postgresql.

my PHP powered blog at http://blog.penner.homeip.net

rnapen

• Coppermine newbie
Install does nothing
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 02:59:43 am »

:oops:
little embarassing but I found the problem
When you compile PHP you need to include support for MYSQL (which I had not done)

Hope this still helps someone else.

stormfrog

• Coppermine newbie
Install does nothing
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 03:35:16 am »

I have the exact same error as you have. Since I am running debian I just shoot away a "apt-get install php4-mysql" command through my shell and it was installed, everything looked nice.

Still, NOTHING HAPPENDS! I mean, I dont even get an error msg... it's _REALLY_ frustrating. I would be very thakful for some help on this. Common crew, wake up!!!  :D

stormfrog

• Coppermine newbie
Install does nothing
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 03:39:16 am »

Quote from: "rnapen"
... support for MYSQL ...

How exactly do you know if mysql is supported / enabled? I have an "extension ... bla, bla" entry in my php.ini file for the mysql module. Is that all ther eis to it or is there something else I have to do?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Install does nothing
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 09:41:14 am »

take a look at your phpinfo - if you have mySQL support for php, there should be an entry for the mySQL-module like this
mysql
MySQL Support enabled
Active Persistent Links  0  
Active Links  0  
Client API version  4.0.17  
MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE  external  
MYSQL_SOCKET  /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock  
MYSQL_INCLUDE  -I/usr/include/mysql  
MYSQL_LIBS  -L/usr/lib -lmysqlclient  

Directive Local Value Master Value
mysql.allow_persistent Off Off
mysql.connect_timeout 60 60
mysql.default_host no value no value
mysql.default_password no value no value
mysql.default_port no value no value
mysql.default_socket /opt/root/tmp/mysql.sock /opt/root/tmp/mysql.sock
mysql.default_user no value no value
mysql.max_links 150 150
mysql.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited
mysql.trace_mode Off Off

and some entry in the "Configure Command" section like this:
with-mysql
I'm not a linux expert, so this might seems like a silly question: since debian has some nice packet manager, why don't you go for a pre-made packet instead of compiling your own?

GauGau

stormfrog

• Coppermine newbie
Install does nothing
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 12:41:45 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"
I'm not a linux expert, so this might seems like a silly question: since debian has some nice packet manager, why don't you go for a pre-made packet instead of compiling your own?

GauGau

Well, thats exactly what I did. I am running debian nad just apt-get installed php-mysql. But it just dont work! I checked my phpinfi and ther is nothing such as you wrote in it

Code: [Select]

PHP Test

An Example of PHP in Action
The Current Date and Time is:
1:38 PM Tuesday, February 3 2004.
PHP Information

PHP Version 4.3.3

System         Linux mir 2.4.24 #2 Fri Jan 16 11:46:04 CET 2004 i686        
Build Date         Nov 19 2003 22:49:02        
Configure Command         '../configure' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs' '--with-regex=php' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php4/apache' '--disable-rpath' '--enable-memory-limit' '--disable-debug' '--with-layout=GNU' '--with-pear=/usr/share/php' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-bz2' '--enable-ctype' '--with-db4' '--with-iconv' '--enable-exif' '--enable-filepro' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gettext' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-wddx' '--disable-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--enable-yp' '--with-zlib' '--without-pgsql' '--with-kerberos=/usr' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/lib/php4/libexec' '--disable-static' '--with-curl=shared,/usr' '--with-dom=shared,/usr' '--with-dom-xslt=shared,/usr' '--with-dom-exslt=shared,/usr' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--with-gd=shared,/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=shared,/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=shared,/usr/X11R6' '--with-png-dir=shared,/usr' '--with-freetype-dir=shared,/usr' '--with-imap=shared,/usr' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-ldap=shared,/usr' '--with-mcal=shared,/usr' '--with-mhash=shared,/usr' '--with-mm' '--with-mysql=shared,/usr' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--with-recode=shared,/usr' '--enable-xslt=shared' '--with-xslt-sablot=shared,/usr' '--with-snmp=shared' '--enable-ucd-snmp-hack' '--with-sybase-ct=shared,/usr' '--with-ttf=shared,/usr' '--with-t1lib=shared,/usr'        
Server API         Apache        
Virtual Directory Support         disabled        
Configuration File (php.ini) Path         /etc/php4/apache/php.ini        
PHP API         20020918        
PHP Extension         20020429        
Zend Extension         20021010        
Debug Build         no        
Thread Safety         disabled        
Registered PHP Streams         php, http, ftp, compress.bzip2, compress.zlib
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.