Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge to eFiction wanted - will pay  (Read 17460 times)

Calic0cat

• Coppermine newbie
Bridge to eFiction wanted - will pay
« on: August 28, 2006, 02:05:34 pm »

Project: a bridge for Coppermine 1.4.x to the 3.0 release of eFiction (currently well into public beta)
eFiction website: http://www.efiction.org
Budget: $50-$200
Desired completion: beta by mid-September 2006 and final within two weeks of the release of eFiction 3.0 final

Details: Basically, I'm looking for a standard Coppermine bridge, comparable to existing ones. Coppermine should share eFiction's user database and login/logout, and should also use a theme named identically to that currently-selected in eFiction. For development purposes, renaming existing Coppermine themes to match eFiction ones is fine; I will create true matching themes myself.

If further details are needed, ask. If my projected budget is unrealistic, please let me know and explain why, as I couldn't find a similar request in the forum to assist in estimating the cost.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 09:09:19 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Bridge to eFiction wanted - will pay
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 04:13:01 pm »

Nice job description, should be enough to attract possible takers.
You might want to additionally answer these questions (please note that I'm not planning to accept the job offer - I merely want to clarify those issues as they might be relevant for possible takers):
  • What license does eFiction come with (your FAQ only say it's openSource with a link to the OSI site)?
  • Would you be willing to share the bridge you're asking to be created with the community, i.e. release it under GNU GPL (so that it may be bundled with future versions of coppermine)?

Side note: developing the bridge probably is possible respecting the coding guidelines fopr coppermine. Visual integration (Coppermine taking into account the same theme eFiction uses) will make modifications necessary in coppermine's core code, which would subsequently make a port necessary. Would you be happy with a potential taker only agreeing to build the bridge, but not look into visual integration?

Cheers

Joachim

Calic0cat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 04:30:39 pm »

Nice job description, should be enough to attract possible takers.

Thanks, I tried to cover everything listed in the "read first" post at the top of the forum.

You might want to additionally answer these questions (please note that I'm not planning to accept the job offer - I merely want to clarify those issues as they might be relevant for possible takers):
  • What license does eFiction come with (your FAQ only say it's openSource with a link to the OSI site)?
  • Would you be willing to share the bridge you're asking to be created with the community, i.e. release it under GNU GPL (so that it may be bundled with future versions of coppermine)?

eFiction is under the GNU GPL as per the README.txt included in the script download. And yes, I would definitely be willing to share the bridge under the GNU GPL for future bundling with coppermine.

Side note: developing the bridge probably is possible respecting the coding guidelines fopr coppermine. Visual integration (Coppermine taking into account the same theme eFiction uses) will make modifications necessary in coppermine's core code, which would subsequently make a port necessary. Would you be happy with a potential taker only agreeing to build the bridge, but not look into visual integration?

Yes, I would be fine with just having the bridge built, minus the visual integration. I've already got cpmFetch working with eFiction's block system, so content from Coppermine can be displayed in eFiction; therefore visual integration is really just a matter of eye candy, not something I'm too terribly concerned about. The bridge is definitely the key item here.

Thanks for the help in clarifying my request,
Calic0cat

Calic0cat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 03:59:30 am »

I have a taker for this job. I'll post an update when it's complete.

Calic0cat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 09:01:48 pm »

Oops. I posted at the eFiction forums but completely forgot to come back here and post after the bridge was completed.

Foulu did a great job on the bridge; it works quite smoothly with the current release version of eFiction 3.x (one minor edit was required and is present, with accompanying comment, in the file). It's available for download in the eFiction 3.x Goodies album on my site (apologies for the inconvenience of entering a password but unfortunately I know of no other easy way to keep Coppermine and cpmfetch from including the album in random and recent images). Several other useful mods for integrating eFiction and Coppermine (with the aid of cpmfetch) can also be found there.

If, as previously mentioned, the Coppermine developers would like to bundle the bridge with Coppermine, that's fine. Just let me know what you need from me.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 09:08:33 pm »

Thanks. I have scheduled it for 1.5.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 09:09:44 am »

The link in above posting that points to the bridge file actually points to a password-protected album, so obviously Calic0cat doesn't want to give away the bridge file for free.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 12:27:21 pm »

Calic0cat has left the password on full display in the logon box (the password is password).

(apologies for the inconvenience of entering a password but unfortunately I know of no other easy way to keep Coppermine and cpmfetch from including the album in random and recent images).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 12:32:39 pm by Phill Luckhurst »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 01:48:15 pm »

OK, sorry, I should have looked at it more thoroughly. Thanks for the clarification. I'm attaching the bridge file to my posting here.

briar21

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 09:29:01 am »

I was using the 'recent' and 'random' portions of this bridge and it was working great. However, it seems that upgrading the gallery to 1.5.x breaks it. Even while using the older CPMfetch (in some cases this made it still usable) as well as upgrading CPMfetch. If anyone finds a solution, please post it. This was a very useful mod.

Thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 11:38:22 am »

The bridge was designed for cpg1.4.x and can not be used without modification with cpg1.5.x. Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.