Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG149 - PHP does not have MySQL support enabled  (Read 9224 times)

Thump

• Coppermine newbie
CPG149 - PHP does not have MySQL support enabled
« on: August 27, 2006, 09:14:30 pm »

Win2k3 Server
PHP5
CPG149
MySQL 5.0

Already uncommented the "extension=php_mysql.dll" line in php.ini.

phpinfo.php returns a blank page.

Where do I look next?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 12:25:02 am by GauGau »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: CPG149 - PHP does not have MySQL support enabled
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 09:18:40 pm »

Have you followed a guide on how to properly set up and configure IIS with MySQL support?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Thump

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 11:12:20 pm »

I am unable to locate and such guides that seem to be applicable. I have configured PHP on IIS before but not with MySQL. I have now tried PHP4 and PHP5 on this server and PHP code excutes proplerly. With PHP5 I get:

"PHP does not have MySQL support enabled"

With PHP4 I get:

"Could not create a mySQL connection, please check the SQL values entered

MySQL error was : Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"

If you'd be so kind, point me in the direction of an appropriate guide for resolving my MySQL issue, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 11:15:55 pm »

Not a guide on our page. Coppermine expects the server to be set up and running. There are better resources on the internet to find out about setting up a webserver. It's not the topic of this forum. Try using Google, M$, php.net and mysql.com as first stops.
Please note that we don't recommend self-hosting.

Thump

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 11:28:06 pm »

Noted, and I apologize, I have read your other threads. However after about 8 hours of reading the php docs and forums, MySQL docs and forums, it appears I have php4 and php5 running correctly. It also appears MySQL is running correctly, but alas I am still having the errors on the coppermine installation page. I was hoping someone here would know more specifically what is causing those errors and be able to provide a more direct link to some information that may solve the problem. I'll move on to another app instead, but if anyone is willing, I would appreciate a more direct reference.

Thanks for your patience.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 11:38:51 pm »

You'll run into similar issues with all PHP and mySQL powered apps, as your server appears to be to set up improperly. As suggested: the issues are not Coppermine-related, but webserver related. However, if you have another opinion and think that you're better off using another app, then fine. Thread closed then?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 12:24:13 am by GauGau »

Thump

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 11:53:30 pm »

I still intend to use coppermine, I just need to find another PHP/MySQL app that provides better information on why this is not working so that I can fix it. The "PHP does not have MySQL support enabled" error isn't enough information for me to solve the problem. You can close the thread, I was just hoping someone out there might be able to point me to more specific information about troubleshooting this. Sorry for the trouble. If you leave the thread open I'll post the resolution when I find it in case there are others with the same problem.

Thump

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 12:09:04 am »

Wow, incredibly retarded n00b mistake. I was working on the php.ini file in my php install directory (c:\php) but it was trying to load it from the c:\windows directory. There's the answer. Sorry for the off-topic questioning. If you think this will be helpful to anyone else feel free to leave it, otherwise you can kill the thread completely for all I care :). I guess I just needed a second 2 liter of Dr. Pepper to finally see that one. Thanks for you patience.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 08:36:33 am »

We'll leave the thread. However, you really need to reconsider self-hosting. Professional server admins still have issues... what chance does someone have who's not a professional?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.