Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error: Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload  (Read 3348 times)

lithman

• Coppermine newbie

When I am logged in the Admin Mode ... I can upload files just fine. However when I log into user mode, and try to upload a file i get the following message

Error: Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload

My members get the same message.

Nibbler

Re: Error: Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 12:11:23 am »

Then make an album where visitors are allowed to upload. Read the manual and search the board before posting.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 08:05:50 am »

Read up the docs as well what admin mode vs. user mode are suppossed to be used for.

lithman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 03:36:03 pm »

Could someone please direct me to where in the manual it tells you how to make albums that a user can upload to? I can't find it. Or what tab in the Admin mod do I go to to find this? Please help me.

Lif3styl3

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • LifesHammer.de
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 04:15:51 pm »

u have to change the permissions on your alums,...
think th ebest way to do that is to go to an album and click on properties,.....

in user mode u only have the possibillity to upload to albums where regsitred users are allowed to if u have enabled upload for registered users in your groupmanager

there u can find some information:
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_user_mode
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#modif_alb_pics

u have to read by yourself,.......

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 11:35:23 pm »

in user mode u only have the possibillity to upload to albums where regsitred users are allowed to
That's BS. Stay out of user mode all the times. As I already suggested: "user mode" is just meant to be used when designing your theme and taking a quick glimpse how the site looks without admin controls. Don't (ab)use it for anything else.

@lithman: you have two options (or a mixture of those two):
1) go to the groups control panel, then allow members of your "registered" group to have personal galleries. Then they can create their own albums and upload their files to it
2) go to the groups control panel, allow the members of your "registered" group to upload to plublic albums. Then go to album properties (the "properties" button next to the thumbnail that represents an album) and set "visitors can upload" to "yes". If this setting is missing from the properties dialog, you shouldn't have disabled "albums can be private" in coppermine's config. Go there and re-enable it.

Could someone please direct me to where in the manual it tells you how to make albums that a user can upload to?
Please read the whole documentation. All of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.